Installing 2nd version of TS12

ccowan2126

I am installing a 2nd version of TS12 on my computer with the intent of patching to the latest build. I have a current version of build 49922. I am installing the 2nd version into C:\TS12-V2. After that there is a patch to go from 49922 up to 68318 (or something like that). Once I download this, I should turn off Antivirus and pull the plug on the internet and then patch, correct? After that do a QDR, correct? Then how do I import the routes that I have created/modified in my other build of TS12?

I am only doing all of this because it seems like JR is not supporting non-SP1 content, is that right? I have a lot of their Freeware and am having problems with a lot if it all of a sudden. Any help would be appreciated.

Just got this message: Failed to create backup of file C:\TS12-V2\bin\DebugInterface_7c.dll.pbk Failed to apply the patch 46957 to 61388 Patching aborted

WTF

I would suggest checking for and deleting any .pbk (Dial Up Phonebook) files in the Trainz install folder and subfolders.

Shane

In the "bin" file, I found a file (or something) labeled "DebugInterface_7c.dll" Date modified 4/11/2011 9:52am. When I hover over this file it reads: Date created 2/10/2014

The .dll was modified on that date, but it was extracted and put in that folder the day you installed it, so that's why it says created on 2/10/14.

UPDATE: I went into the options menu and signed into my Auran account. Now an automatic update from 46957 to 48249 is in progress. Let's see what happens...

I got a popup box again..."Failed to create backup...Debug..."; but when I clicked "retry" it disappeared this time and is continuing to patch.

I hate to tell you this now after the install and patch has been nearly completed, but copying the existing TS12 install and then just patching that from 49922 to whatever SP1 HF4 is may have been faster.

The first post was made at 3:30 in the morning my time though so my not getting to it fast enough is understandable.

Anyway, best of luck with patching. :)

Kieran.

I'm not sure I understand. How do you COPY the existing TS12 install...and why would you want to? Would that give me TWO versions of TS12? That is what I am shooting for. In case I don't like the patched version, I want to keep the original one. Please forgive me, but I am NOT very computer literate. Most of what I know about computers comes from talking to people on this forum. Followup question, once everything is patched how do I get my content, routes and modified 3rd party routes into the patched version?

Just copy the TS12 folder before the patch to another drive or directory, and that would give you the version of TS12 before you patched it. From what I remember copy the /UserData from the old TS12 folder to the new one and do a extended database repair. I think you can also go into Content Manager File -> Import from Content and choose your local folder, but I found copying the UserData folder was quicker for me.

Back