Competitive Route Building Registration

BidMod

Hi all,

Please would entrants post their names here or send me a message - there's a list of entrants at the foot of this post. Closing date will be the 31st July, at which date your entry must be available on the DLS (unless it's broken, in which case we'll think of something else ;)).

I think it is wise for entrants rather than to ensure only DLS assets are used, simply to provide the location of any non-DLS assets. If your layout has missing components, common sense should prevent people voting for it -> It's up to you.

BidMod.

FULL RULES
  1. Open theme
  2. No more than 15 boards including staging areas within this total (otherwise testing and opinion finding would take forever)(after the debate on the other thread, let's leave this as 15)
  3. Must contain a railway (seems obvious, but I bet someone doesn't)
  4. 1 man (or woman) 1 layout; teams could prove complicated, so let's stick to individuals for the time being.
  5. Must be uploaded to the DLS for easy access
  6. Any non-DLS assets must have a link pointing to them. This rule won't be enforced, but I would encourage voters to vote against layouts that have missing assets.
  7. 1 username - 1 vote
  8. Deadline for layouts to be 31st July 2007, to allow the best layouts to be developed
  9. Session also to be uploaded to demonstrate the layout's potential and AI operation (though in the case of shunting layouts a simple interactive demonstration might be better - just upload something).
  10. Compatbility is not guaranteed across all versions, so it is up to the developer to decide which version of TRS will be used. Common sense dictates that the ideal solution is to use the lowest version possible, however this is not always possible.
  11. Somewhere in the description add the line "2007RBC" spelt letter for letter - this will allow people to search the DLS using that term to find all of the routes in the competition.
  12. No Payware please - a discussion about this is for another thread I think.
  13. All work must be your own.
  14. Voting by open poll - will open August 1st and close August 31st.
  15. Prize - 6 month free FCT.
  16. Finally, Please engage some common sense!!!!
CURRENT ENTRANTS
  • BidMod
  • Kelly88
  • GreatEastern
  • WileeCoyote (Eatibus Almost Anythingus :D)
  • butter
  • RooRocz
  • Rockster
  • axe1970
  • Jimmyp4
  • Tonnie Kram
  • Segy
  • rjl1993
  • sfrr & K4driver (team entrant, will share the prize)
  • Jivebunny
  • Moojgoo
  • philskene
  • GIGADevil
  • Systemtrains
PS: contact details here: http://bidmod.googlepages.com/contact.

Last edited:
Is the 31st July deadline this year or next?
I guess you've decided on poll vote. I'll have a go anyway. If it isn't then I'll volunteer to be a judge in the 2004 category.

CoolMatty

OK
I'm in with this
Full Steam ahead; should take about 2 weeks to get a layout togeather
2 more for the session and testing
then the upload drag ?
As I said before will auran push these through the system quick ?
If it has to be up by end July; then there will need to be some time allowed for people to DL and evaluate all the entrys !!
how long after end july to vote and announce the winner ?

Is the 31st July deadline this year or next?
I guess you've decided on poll vote. I'll have a go anyway. If it isn't then I'll volunteer to be a judge in the 2004 category.

CoolMatty

31st July this year. As for the voting, I think the open poll is the way forward. Perhaps the small screenshot acompanying the layouts to the DLS could be placed in the first post to remind users which layout is which.

OK
I'm in with this
Full Steam ahead; should take about 2 weeks to get a layout togeather
2 more for the session and testing
then the upload drag ?
As I said before will auran push these through the system quick ?
If it has to be up by end July; then there will need to be some time allowed for people to DL and evaluate all the entrys !!
how long after end july to vote and announce the winner ?

I forgot to put the date for the voting up :eek: but it should be 31st August.

I don't think Auran need to push these through the system particularly quick - it only takes a couple of days for the upload process anyway, but to be certain please upload three/four days before the deadline.

I'll correct the rules. I know it's bad practice to move the goalposts, but I copied, pasted and amended a bit hurriedly last night. I'm taking part in a shooting competition later, and needed to get a good night's sleep.

BidMod.

Questions:

- Will there be a full listing of the layouts posted here after the closing date for entries?

- Can we include more than one session? (i.e two different eras, although the route itself remains unchanged)

JB

Questions:

- Will there be a full listing of the layouts posted here after the closing date for entries?

- Can we include more than one session? (i.e two different eras, although the route itself remains unchanged)

JB

hi, im sure you could release as many sessions as you wish, just means one is essential to show the function of the route and of course that it actually works!

cheers

Gav

Excellent, let the layout wars begin (maniacal laughter), stupid question perhaps but how do I register?

WileeCoyote:D

Last edited:
Hi all,

As Rockster pointed out (not JB - sorry), the idea of the session is to demonstrate that the route has been thought out and is capable of functioning properly. It shows that consideration has been given to the AI, and also to the user of the layout.

Butter - reread your post carefully ;) (sorry, but theres a few daft posts today and I've resisted all morning to nit-pick - I had to blow eventually)

We will give a 6 month free FCT to the winner, though open themed.
Thank you, Alan.

EDIT: To register, just post your name here - this is so I can see who is interested and when the poll is set up in a couple of months time we can just read names off this thread.

EDIT2: JB - I think that can easily be arranged.

Regards,
BidMod.

Last edited:
Butter, if you carefully read the rules, this is a British themed compotition.

Sorry guys, i don't want to enter as i couldn't possibly make a route in that time :(

Thanks
Gangsta_Boi

Butter, if you carefully read the rules, this is a British themed compotition.

Sorry guys, i don't want to enter as i couldn't possibly make a route in that time :(

Thanks
Gangsta_Boi

Actually, it's now open themed (one of the conditions of Auran offering the prize).

Why not enter even a small one-boarder? Something simple :)

BidMod.

Butter, i hadn't realised there was a rule change, i apologise :eek:

OK, enter my name please, will put the thinking cap on

Gangsta_Boi

A promising start - I've added a list to my original post of people who are taking part so if anyone wants to check out the competition they're all listed together.

Titaniclover, Jivebunny, Rockster and Alan - are you interested in taking part or not? Will add as required.

Regards,
BidMod.

A promising start - I've added a list to my original post of people who are taking part so if anyone wants to check out the competition they're all listed together.

Titaniclover, Jivebunny, Rockster and Alan - are you interested in taking part or not? Will add as required.

Regards,
BidMod.

hi, yeah i'll take part, problem is i am addicted to battlefield 2 at the momont so not doing much with trainz so will be a short layout i think

cheers

Gav

Back