Help us find out what the community's favorite Train is!

A1/A3s were never referred to as Flying Scotsmans, only 4472 carried that name, which in turn was named after the non-stop London-Edinburgh train. The train came first, not the locomotive. 4472/60103 wasn't even that well known until preservation.

Just for the record, I would avoid saying Thomas and Friends related items to avoid arguments and things like that.

I don't nessisarily have a favorite train in general, but this is all the trains I like in general.

Steam: GWR 3700 (City class)City of Truro, BR 52,BR 50, USRA heavy 2-8-8-2, NYC Dreyfuss Hudson 4-6-2

Deisel: BR Class 08, EMD SD45, EMD F7

Electric: ICE 1, ICE 2, ICE 3

1. Nothing baked as baking is horrible when not done right, and I only know of 4 people who do it right.

Just now saw this post..

There is nothing wrong with baking, it greatly enhances how almost any model looks. There's only a few ways to mess up baking.
1. bad mapping, I mean really really bad mapping
2. too low of samples
3. wrong light level when baked
4. objects incorrectly placed, leaving a mark that shouldn't be there.
5. you don't have 3ds max, blender or simply a program that has that feature (unless you're felix_g who can hand bake stuff extremely well)

What I think you mean is that you only know of a small amount of people that actually utilize texture baking...

If this is intended to be included with the T:ANE release, it's pretty sad, as all those choices are already available on the DLS or via DLC, in one form or another.

Hmmm, well, this is what this poll is for isn't it, to find out what folks would like to see in a new version, however, I'm intrigued as to whether this will be a new bit of DLC, or, built-in, as I wouldn't consider them inputting a Payware quality locomotive/train into the game as default, or, would they ??

Anyway, I voted for the Japanese Bullet Train, but, of course, we'd need an authentic route for it to run on, so, maybe I'm asking for too much, over to you now Mr. Hilliam, go on make my day.......:hehe:

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

I voted for the Dash 9 (my second choice), so I could put the GE AC6000CW as my 1st choice (other). The GE AC6000CW was not listed, and I can not find any of these in the Content Manager. I love modern power houses. From what I understand only BHP, CSX and Union Pacific use the GE AC6000CW Loco.

I also love the SD40 and up series.

Back