Stupid Problems With Config.txt

Alxmac84

Hi everyone,

I'm creating some engine sounds for Trainz, and I have run into a simple, yet odd problem. I probably seem stupid for asking this, but CM won't commit my asset because of this error: Error: TADCompileAsset unable to determine asset KUID. It was saying the wrong kuid was listed in the config, but I compared it to the kuid listed in CM, and they were both the same. I also believe the kuid is in the correct formatting. :confused:

Here is the config.txt:

obsolete-table
{
}
kuid <KUID:713288:100665>
kind "enginesound"
description "16-710 engine sounds"
author "Alxmac84"
contact-email "Alxmac73@gmail.com"
username "16-710 engine sounds"
trainz-build 2.7
category-region "US"
engine-sound-ramp-duration
engine-sound-ramp-up-durations
engine-sound-ramp-down-durations

thumbnails
{
{
image engine.jpg
height 300
width 389
}
}

kuid <KUID:713288:100665>

kuid table
{
}

Any help greatly appreciated as always!

Cheers,
Alex

Possibly you are using a kuid number already in your Trainz data base (in your CMP). Try a different kuid number for the sound you are trying to install or delete the existing one with the same number and install the new one, if indeed this is the problem.

Plus, you have the kuid number above listed twice in your configuration.

Lennard

I've come across this problem a few times, best to copy the folder to desktop and import with cmp, if that doesn't work do a database repair, also you have TS12 tags in a TRS2006 trainz-build number.

Cheers.

Also a minor issue but one that may cause some future problems. All thumbnails must be width 240 and height 180.

And the image filename must be surrounded by quote marks.

Last edited:
Thank you very much everyone! I just had to do a database repair to solve the error, but it appears I have ran into another obstacle. I would like to know how to separate the thumnails and kuid-table containers from the enginesound container, because CM won't allow me to combine them. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Alex

Minimum trainz-build that can be uploaded is 2.9. You have 2.7.

You can find the valid tags and default values for kind "enginesound" at TS12\bin\kind.txt.

For the ones you show in this thread:

engine-sound-ramp-duration
{
kind value
type float
compulsory 0
default 1.5
}
engine-sound-ramp-up-durations
{
kind value
type floatlist