Just a little Curious to what you guys think

bentrain14

does not make bogies
Ok, I really want to know, (honest opinions) on what you guys think of this reskin. Maybe suggestions, or some feed back. I know you may have seen this before but its my first legit BNSF H3 reskin that is meant to be prototypical.
W6f23Nr.jpg

iV8dm4K.jpg

CvRXecB.jpg

QU8iIgJ.jpg

uCBxSW8.jpg

24ozY2m.jpg

7gKVwCg.jpg

TQFj5d1.jpg

W1dyEI5.jpg

All feed back is accepted and greatly appreciated. Also, if any guys at JR could give feed back (this being their Loco) that would also be great. :)

I'm confused. Is the locomotive model something not already offered in that paint scheme? Please forgive my ignorance, I haven't been keeping on top of differences of locomotives beyond SD60s.

Paul

JR doesn't have the nose light version... for all we know he could have just swapped the skin to a different mesh and claim that he made it...

I actually reskinned this. I used the CITX mesh. here:
This is mine

A3Rza6F.jpg

This one is a larger image:
GRODGrQ.jpg

And heres a side by side of my skin next to the original JR skin that you assume I swapped out with it.

nX3r2rS.jpg

I'm confused. Is the locomotive model something not already offered in that paint scheme? Please forgive my ignorance, I haven't been keeping on top of differences of locomotives beyond SD60s.

Paul
So this is a reskin I made using JR's CITX SD70ACe with the hood light. The BNSF ACe offered by JR has a cab light.

Very nice reskin. I tried this with the UP ACe and the EMDX demo ones. Didn't quite work out.

I couldnt use the bumb for the CITX so I used the bump from the ace. just a few things to find but it came out good. I had an Athern Genesis ACe model to look off of so this is almost 95% prototypical.

CITX SD70ACe??? It's a SD70M-2. Sorry, had to go full rivet counter there.

It's a great skin, just need to patch up that black spot between the numberboards and lighten the fuel tank up some. You can use copy and paste and the smudge tool to get the coloring/baking effects close to what they're supposed to be. I've done this on a few of my own reskins, so I know it works. Also, need to get the numberboards working. They appear to be a bit numberless... Also, it appears that you forgot to paint the top of the nose...

Last edited:
Sorry, im tired, SD70M-2. Also, arn, still figuring that mess out, fuel tanks, thats as good as it gets right now. black spot between the number boards, to lazy to skin a patch and make it fit right at the moment, the nose is fine, its a lighter grey. I like the effect it gives. And youll need to show me the coloring/baking effect.

Well I think it looks kind of strange since the SD70ACe details don't match the SD70M-2 details. Also I assume you used the bump for this, and like any such skin, the bake and doors do funny unintended things. I'm not really a fan of the weathering either. Just keep working at it.

See what I mean? SD70-M versus SD70ACe, I could mistaken it for either, also. I think it looks good still. I'm not a rivet counter, so I cannot include myself into the analysis of it.

Paul

Well I think it looks kind of strange since the SD70ACe details don't match the SD70M-2 details. Also I assume you used the bump for this, and like any such skin, the bake and doors do funny unintended things. I'm not really a fan of the weathering either. Just keep working at it.
I know what you mean, but it serves its purpose. Thanks for the feed back man, and I will keep working at it.

Why did you make a thread just for this again? Don't you have like five bentrain14 WIP threads? Hmmmm.

I'm not a reskinner, so I'm going to show my complete ignorance here. You claim this to me your skin, but it appears to me to be a modification of JR's skin. Did you create this skin from scratch or use JR's skin as a base to modify. Some clarification please. If it's a mod of JR's skin, then it really isn't your skin, but actually a modification of JR's skin, isn't it?

That being said, I think it looks pretty good.

Mike

Ok, so like i said, I took the bump map from the ACe, made a blank out of it and, from scratch, re-made the skin my self not using the original ACe skin. The only thing from the skin I used was the yellow and black lines as guides. Anything else I was looking at a quote:" I had an Athern Genesis ACe model to look off of ". I agree it does look similar to the original but I didnt mess with it. I have a tutorial on youtube that even shows how I make the blanks. Which I am not claiming full credit.

Back