Speed up FPS via trainzoptions.txt?

AMTRAKwannabe

Norfolk & Western Lives
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to get faster FPS through the trainzoptions.txt file, here is my current one:
Code:
-freeintcam
-framerate=35
-disablecarz=0
-allownorightclick
-ResourceMemory=2048
-cabinfov=60

I am only getting a 3 FPS average.

Any help is appreciated.
AMTRAKwannabe

Kman has a video on it. I'll go find it, and post the video. EDIT: Here is his video!

[video=youtube;D_Vg456RHKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=D_Vg456RHKU[/video]

Last edited:
Hi there,

Firstly, please do not use the first part of my video at all. It will mess up your Trainz installation very badly and will prevent you from patching. This is not an issue with TS2010 but is with TS12.

If you add -framestoaverage=16, the game will try harder to keep the framerate at the 35fps you specified.

Also the no right click one is incorrect, it is -allownoctrlrightclick, and removes the need to hold Control in addition to the right mouse button.

I hope this helps.

Kieran.

Keep in mind too that with TS12 SP1 and up that many of the tried and true performance tweaks either do not work the way they did, or they can be detrimental to performance. Among the many commands in there, this one comes to mind.

-ResourceMemory=xxxx

This is no longer available and this may impact the performance if added to the trainzoptions.txt file.

John

Ok, so I updated everything in the .txt file:
Code:
-freeintcam
-framerate=35
-framestoaverage=16
-disablecarz=0
-allownoctrlrightclick
-cabinfov=60

And I still get:
Hostthenpost down, coming soon.

Ok, so I updated everything in the .txt file:
Code:
-freeintcam
-framerate=35
-framestoaverage=16
-disablecarz=0
-allownoctrlrightclick
-cabinfov=60

And I still get:
Hostthenpost down, coming soon.

Your not going to get what your computer isn't capable of, it can only do what it's hardware will allow.

I think it's the JR stuff, which I love too much to give up.

Try not using for instance the centrebeams, make the consists up of not to many different types of wagons/cars. Hold back on the wagons/cars you leave in sidings and never use. Same with locos.

Have you tried switching between DirectX and OpenGL?

Kieran.

Yes, they work the same.

Try not using for instance the centrebeams, make the consists up of not to many different types of wagons/cars. Hold back on the wagons/cars you leave in sidings and never use. Same with locos.

I only had four cars on the route, all different but only four.

Also, the screenshots:

Last edited:
"I only had four cars on the route, all different but only four."

If your only getting 3 FPS with that I think your flogging the proverbial dead horse.

If a high poly loco, and framerate detrimental buildings, trees, grass, and other high poly splines, are dropping your framerates to a slideshow ... entering a frameratetoaverage=35 will do nothing for Trainz, if your framerates are 3 FPS ... It will remain 3 FPS, and never achive 35, or greater FPS, unless it is an area of no track, and no trains (blank baseboards).

You don't state where you are located, but if you are living in a warmer part of the world, your computer maybe affected by the heat. I say this because you stated that you didn't have this problem before.

Have you cleaned your computer out recently? Removed the dust bunnies from the case and fans? Cleaned the heat pipe or fan on your CPU and video card. The old 2100 is a lower end card, but this is a bit extreme and sudden as though something has changed.

Back