TS2010 - Windows 8 Incompatibility

DanielConde

Hi everyone, this is my first ever post here.I first bought TRS206 some 5 years ago, to develop a major project: bringingthe celebrated Portuguese railway line "Linha do Tua". In themeanwhile, I also started another major project with all 4 branches of the"Estrela de Évora" (Star of Évora). All summed, there's somethingaround 400 km of tracks and beautifull landscape.However, TRS2006 horizon limitations finaly snaped in my mind, and I decided tobuy TS2010; it arrived home a week ago.The thing is that my OS is Windows 8 (8.1 now), and after contacting Auran theytold me there’s no support now for TS2010 in Windows 8!!! I find it odd for 2reasons: if TS2009 and TS2012 can run without issues in Windows 8, how in God’salmighty name does TS2010 cannot?! Secondly, the same person that contacted mehas a post in these forums dating back to December 2012 telling that there wasno ETA (then) to solve the problem. 13 months after, there’s no solution forthis?!The thing is that in “Estrela de Évora” I have a splineof a typical Portuguese telephone pole that doesn’t appear in the initial 4 km,only for showing up just because in the middle of nowhere, going all the way uptill I installed them in the baseboards. In “Linha do Tua” the case is muchworse, with several objects and splines, that are correctly installed and committedand bla bla bla, and that doesn’t show up in Surveyor. All that remains forsplines is 2 parallel white lines where the splines should be. No Asset Changeis available, and even worst, if you want to pick that spline from the list andplace it in the baseboard next to where it should be, it graciously shows upwith no problems at all!!! Re-installing some 4 km of poles is quite simple. Puttingagain hundreds of vineyards already placed to simulate the “Douro Vinhateiro”wine region is not. Actually the very idea of it is absolutely dreadful. Please, is there any ideas of how solving this the bestway possible? Maintaining the projects in TRS2006 is obviously an option,waiting that its exporting for TS2009 and TS2010 runs smoothly in the future,but this way I’ve just sent money to the trash bin…Greets from Portugal;DC

Last edited:
On the desktop launcher is there a troubleshoot compatibility (after r/click).
This issue has come up before, try a search.
You need to be on build 44088 at a minimum for a stable game.
Note that when you do get running your route will have speed trees that you won't know about.

Last edited:
On the desktop launcher is there a troubleshoot compatibility (after r/click).
This issue has come up before, try a search.
You need to be on build 44088 at a minimum for a stable game.
Note that when you do get running your route will have speed trees that you won't know about.

Hi fran1, thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately the troubleshoot didn't solve it.

I have all the minimum specs required, and the build is 49933 (the latest, I think). How can my routes have speed trees? I just imported them from TRS2006!

DC

Others have had TS2009, TS2010 and TS12 working fine in Windows 8. The important things are:

• Trainz needs to be run as administrator unless you have turned User Account Control off.
  • The favourites feature (yellow star at the top of the Routes page) needs to be clicked to turn it off.
  • You need to click Main Menu, then Options, then Surveyor options, then untick the option right at the bottom of that screen (you will need to scroll down to see it).

Shane

In TS2010 many trees were obsoleted by speed trees resulting in old routes which did not have speed trees being populated by the speed trees, often overpopulated particularly by the tree groups. Many of them because of the privileges settings in the config.txt file cannot be selected and subsequently replaced except by copying and pasting another area of terrain over them, they could also be performance killers for older computers if there were too many of them.

Hi Shane, I already did all that before; nothing worked.

Trees are not an issue as well, I'm afraid...

Bridges, some tracks, stations, lot's of splines... all installed properly, all missing in the project. Really getting frustrated with this, no apparent logic comes up! HELP!!!

DC

OK - you may need to check the assets themselves in Content Manager. Check if any of them have either a red !, a yellow ?, or a red ? next to them.

You may need to turn on compatibility mode to use some assets. This is in the same options box as I mentioned above, but it's under the Video Settings tab (from memory).

Shane

Working on it. In CM all looks good, then in surveyor sometimes thumbnail is missing, or the asset is listed red, or everything till there looks OK but it's still missing in the terrain...

I really don't know what can I possbly do more........

Objects/splines correctly installed and commited shows no errors in CM, and are correctly listed in surveyor; however they don't appear in object viewer.

Ideas?

DC

Working on it. In CM all looks good, then in surveyor sometimes thumbnail is missing, or the asset is listed red, or everything till there looks OK but it's still missing in the terrain...

I really don't know what can I possbly do more........

Hello Daniel,

Any asset that's in red needs to be repaired.

Write down the name of the asset and search for it in Content Manager.

Highlight the asset and choose revert from the edit context menu if the option is available. If not open for edit and do the same. This will force the asset to update and should there be any errors, they will flush out.

John

As above, or select the route in cm, r/click,view dependancies, view in main list. Work your way down the list getting rid of the red asterisc ones. Yellow exclamation can be ignored.
Use compatibility mode for older content.
Welcome to speed tree/bush/grass land.

Back