Model Railroadz

Coming soon to the DLS for N&W fans:

Norfolk-%26-Western-in-the-1950s.jpg

Looks really great Nick. Can almost feel the windows rattle as that steamer rolls by right behind those houses.

recently I received Model railroader's 102 and 103 Realistic Track Plans, So this morning I Installed basemapz and made 103's plan 14 Junction City Locomotive Terminal.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
and before someone asks idk if should put this on the dls

Nice work! Curious on the KUID of the Coal Tipple? I have been looking for one like that without an elevation difference inside and outside.

You should release it. Just make sure to remove the basemapz layer (the image on it is technically copyrighted). Hopefully the rest of the content is on the DLS or freely available otherwise. In any case, great job replicating the trackplan.

Cheers
Walter

thanks guys and
Nice work! Curious on the KUID of the Coal Tipple? I have been looking for one like that without an elevation difference inside and outside.
<kuid2:210518:1136:1> its called B&M_Coaling_Tower and should be on the dls

Edit The route Junction City Locomotive Terminal is now on the dls

Last edited:
Great scene! I wonder if those wheels will jump the gap between the flatcar and the dock, though. Unless, of course, the crane is about to hook up.

Bill

I think that's under discussion...! Thanks

BTW, when I create a session I always have a layer under Session, "Add Session Scenic," that I can populate. I just lock the route layer(s) to facilitate placement. This doesn't affect the route at all and allows changing things at a whim. Different additional layers can be shown or hidden by night or day, etc.

Thank you Ben. Its still a WIP route, but is based on the branch line running from the Bakersfield, CA out towards Cuyama, CA. Fictional, but inspired by real railroads. Buena Vista Railroad and a few others operated out that way. I believe San Joaquin Valley RR runs the show out there now.

Here's a shot of the other end of the aux tracks back when I was trying to redesign the yard. A bit too far back in time, but I saved it separately just incase I wanted to revisit it someday.

Back