Model Railroadz

@oknosten what fascia did you use for that layout?
I guess you mean the sides of that layout. If so, these:

• kuid2:645812:97944:1 Particle board 2 side 80m dark
  • kuid2:645812:97945:1 Particle board 3 side 10m dark
Plus one specific asset I made with the same textures just for that layout that follows the shape of two hills and shows a shadow station on the inside.

Quick question for anyone who has an answer: has anyone made false front buildings? I would just place down a full scale building and have so much to where it looks like a false front, but it messes up the appearance on the opposite side.

Look, more photos! (I can't believe it either...)

The Yard

Over view of yard

The Main Station

Another angle of the station

The bridge

This area is complete (maybe)

Another completed area?

W.I.P. door bridge

More work to come. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:
Quick question for anyone who has an answer: has anyone made false front buildings? I would just place down a full scale building and have so much to where it looks like a false front, but it messes up the appearance on the opposite side.

I have a dim memory of dmdrake, davesnow or maybe Domsarto doing some building facades...

Quick question for anyone who has an answer: has anyone made false front buildings?​

Yes:

DDD MR Urban pub LR (from my photograph of one in Norwich)
DDD MR Warehouse LR 01, 02, 03, 04 (from my photographs of Liverpool Docks)
DDD MR Backscene
DDD MR Shorescene
DDD MR Skyscene
DDD MR Seascape
DDD MR Townscene

The first two are low relief buildings which on a virtual model railway would appear to have a depth of about 1 inch/25 millimetres. The "scenes" are flat backgrounds - there are a number of different ones in each category and are from my photographs taken in various places.

Ray (Kuid 275817)

My take on the old timesaver layout.

35475360835_dc7dcbd0de_z.jpg

35475362975_3757ef13b1_z.jpg

34665482753_33c82b7a32_z.jpg

35475365845_073f181342_z.jpg

Yep you got it. I wish JR would make some splines to match their textures. You can see it doesn't match that well but I try to hide it with foliage.

Back