Model Railroadz

Had a bit of time off from work so thought I'd have a go at a one board route based upon a slightly enlarged and straightened version of Frank Dyer's classic 'Borchester Market' model railway:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

R3

Still wondering...

How do you select an elevated ceiling object for deletion, when it covers all the baseboards? Every time I try to delete it, then I delete something on the ground elevation. Thanks!

Still wondering...

How do you select an elevated ceiling object for deletion, when it covers all the baseboards? Every time I try to delete it, then I delete something on the ground elevation. Thanks!

Try selecting one of the elevated spline points (of that object) and changing it's height to zero. That usually lets me delete and object that's being obstinate due to height.

Had a bit of time off from work so thought I'd have a go at a one board route based upon a slightly enlarged and straightened version of Frank Dyer's classic 'Borchester Market' model railway:

R3
That is quite a great WIP! I noticed in philskene's referenced forum thread a note about short turnouts. I am wondering if you are finding this necessary. You certainly have some fancy trackwork going on here!

Thanks. Nothing special on the turnouts- just laid the track so it looked 'right'. I've given myself a lot more room than the original- one Trainz baseboard is quite a lot bigger than the space needed for the original.

I've been doing a bit more on it:

R3

That is quite a great WIP! I noticed in philskene's referenced forum thread a note about short turnouts. I am wondering if you are finding this necessary. You certainly have some fancy trackwork going on here!

Unfortunately if using procedural track short turnouts are difficult to make as the minimum radius for a simple arc is about 35m (115ft) which, if I understand Chris, is built in so one has to have a short length at this radius and then add a smaller radius arc. Most frustrating, especially when trying to use hupfgeign's 760mm NG track.

Still wondering...

Hi,

I haven't built a model train layout in Trainz since my computer died and TS12 along with it. I now only have TANE and what I had saved to a portable hard drive before the crash. Anyway, What I did was used different layers in on the route. I put the walls, floor and ceiling on one layer and then lock it. That way when you want to work on the layout and want to select an object you wont get the walls, floor or ceiling.

Regards,
Warren.

Thanks. Nothing special on the turnouts- just laid the track so it looked 'right'. I've given myself a lot more room than the original- one Trainz baseboard is quite a lot bigger than the space needed for the original.

I've been doing a bit more on it:

R3

That's looks superb R3 .

Hi,

I haven't built a model train layout in Trainz since my computer died and TS12 along with it. I now only have TANE and what I had saved to a portable hard drive before the crash. Anyway, What I did was used different layers in on the route. I put the walls, floor and ceiling on one layer and then lock it. That way when you want to work on the layout and want to select an object you wont get the walls, floor or ceiling.

Regards,
Warren.
The layers issue was my problem. Thanks!

By the way, are the instructions for creating model train layouts in the wiki? I am considering creating a model train layout of the Kauai Plantation Railroad (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?130027-Kauai-Plantation-Railway-Project-Idea). This would be perfect beginner's model train layout for T:ANE, I would think!

I edited a track diagram I found online. If I model this, I plan to make industrial park/rural scenery.

Industrial%20area%20trackplan_zpsjq1zxtyr.jpg

Sorry for the awkward placement of it, but I edited out the parts I didn't use so those parts are now a white background.

Overview of my WIP. No walls to my railway room- I like using shadows too much!
Overview.jpg

Cottage by the riverside:

R3

Last edited:
Posting this test of the rdg catenary on somerset traction, tell me what you think if it is suitable, tried a couple of others but did not like them so far.

20160427_152742_zpsdgvjxgdx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
im working on one from the pages of MRP2006. the only problem i have is doing the triple level layout part. i have all the track done but cant stack them the way the track plan has them with the ground and fascia. if you have any suggestions please help as this would make it more done than what i have now. thanks -inprr

Back