Model Railroadz

Quite a few posters now who have been rather quite have come out and said how great this idea is so Kimo for President i say:clap:.
Cheers Mick.:hehe:

President is right! :D

If I wasn't so tied up with the Hoosac Tunnel route right now, which has me pulling out my hair because of the exactness that needs to be done along with the time constraints, I'd start one of these too. I have a route I've seen in one of my model books somewhere... That I never had the room for. Gotta dig them out and start looking for it.

John

Tiny bit of credit

Quite a few posters now who have been rather quite have come out and said how great this idea is so Kimo for President i say:clap:.
President is right! :D
Okay, I just have to stand up and write this frustration out of my system so I can let go of it. No offence intended to matruck or JCitron (or anyone else who posted something like this) (or Kimo).

Yes, Kimo posted a bunch over very nice screenshots and he got this thread going.
Yes, his screenshots look a lot more interesting and better then those I ever posted of my route.
Yes, he had the same idea as me and he was probably working on it for some time already.
Yes, he (and most of you) have more artistic route building skills then I do.
... but it hurts a little to see posts like this when I even published a downloadable model railroad to the DLS already 3 months before he posted his screenshots.

Does this sound a bit childish by me? Probably. I just feel that if you want him for president, you should at least make me mayor of some small town.
In other words: I feel the urge to claim at least a tiny bit of the credit (sorry Kimo, but no worries: I don't have president ambitions anyway).
To support / prove my point for credit: Half of you are using the walls of that route I publish 4 months ago (and please keep doing so as that is what I made them for):hehe:.

I hope some of you see some similarities, at least in technical basics / the idea (not in the beauty). If not, I can understand all the credit going to Kimo.

huttel_room.jpg

Okay, happy I got that out of my system. Sorry if I offended anyone with this post; again, that was in no way my intention.
Back to enjoying the screenshots.

Please don't feel begrudged oknotsen, I've got both your layouts downloaded and they are great! I think that most are impressed at the lateral thinking kimo employed to give the impression of floating baseboards.
I for one would see you on equal footing if just for making the oversize items hat most likely inspired kimo in the first place :)

Okay, I just have to stand up and write this frustration out of my system so I can let go of it. No offence intended to matruck or JCitron (or anyone else who posted something like this) (or Kimo).

Yes, Kimo posted a bunch over very nice screenshots and he got this thread going.
Yes, his screenshots look a lot more interesting and better then those I ever posted of my route.
Yes, he had the same idea as me and he was probably working on it for some time already.
Yes, he (and most of you) have more artistic route building skills then I do.
... but it hurts a little to see posts like this when I even published a downloadable model railroad to the DLS already 3 months before he posted his screenshots.

Does this sound a bit childish by me? Probably. I just feel that if you want him for president, you should at least make me mayor of some small town.
In other words: I feel the urge to claim at least a tiny bit of the credit (sorry Kimo, but no worries: I don't have president ambitions anyway).
To support / prove my point for credit: Half of you are using the walls of that route I publish 4 months ago (and please keep doing so as that is what I made them for):hehe:.

I hope some of you see some similarities, at least in technical basics / the idea (not in the beauty). If not, I can understand all the credit going to Kimo.
Well you can be Vice President how's that sound ?. Thank you also for the content you have made for this great idea.
If I wasn't so tied up with the Hoosac Tunnel route right now, which has me pulling out my hair because of the exactness that needs to be done along with the time constraints, I'd start one of these too. I have a route I've seen in one of my model books somewhere... That I never had the room for. Gotta dig them out and start looking for it.
Maybe start a Model Railroad off but with your Hoosac Theme and see where it goe's ?.
Cheers Mick.

One idea builds on another I guess. I got bored withy trainz until I found this thread. Hats off to both of you.

G'day, first up, oknotsen, I have both of your routes and my son and I have great fun with them and I think that your routes may have been part (at least) of the inspiration for these new "Model Railroads". I just could not resist and had a bit of a play last night and in the space of about 2 to 3 hours which included quite a few errors, deletes, and adjustments I cane up with my new play room, far from perfect but I am learning a lot here.

gremlin1812_20140204_0001.jpg

gremlin1812_20140204_0002.jpg

Regards and have fun
Barrie

Like to start by saying Amazing Model RR everyone they look great. Also I figured I would give this a try and now I'm hooked...LOL
Here are a few Picture of something I built in a hour...
trainsim1995_20140203_0000_zpsf687e983.jpg

trainsim1995_20140203_0001_zps8e03b125.jpg

trainsim1995_20140203_0002_zps5007773c.jpg

More to soon Follow!!

I think that I've figured it all out except for one thing and I need some help please. After I place the huge brick walls around the room, I can't any of them except the first one that I place to lower so that the wall meets my lowered floor. What may I be doing wrong here?

Mike

I can't any of them except the first one that I place to lower so that the wall meets my lowered floor. What may I be doing wrong here?
Maybe put a spare board around the outside so you have room to move the wall around or up and down Mike that's what i had to do.
Cheers Mick.

thanks Mick
I had to move the wall away from the edge of the baseboard and then I could lower it. It appears that they can't be lowered if they're at the edge of the baseboard.

Mike

This thread has delayed the release of some of my other 4x8 layout projects as I now want to go through and revamp them to be actual model railroad layouts XD I have to thank you for the motivation XD

Wow! That looks great! Has anyone seen my jaw? I lost track after it went through my keyboard, my desk, the floor, and the better part of the earth's crust.

Is there a back (fore?) drop that can be used as a skirt / curtain around the layout edge as used on many model railroads?

simulatortrain had one in his screenshot on page 6, don't think he released it (yet?) though.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I am glad everyone likes this idea. I guess it would be my contribution to the community, but I have no desire to the president of anything, All I did was take a few assets that we have available that we all probably paid no attention to or didn't know were available, wondered how this would work with that, and here we are. A new way of route building. I thank you, that made assets for us like minded model railroaderz here, hope there is more to come. Maybe A New Era creators will consider this as part of the next Trainz and give us even more to play with? The other layout pics in this thread are awesome as well as the response from the community. As I said before I think of this thread as thinking outside the box. I know most gamers are hoping the next Trainz has more realism than all the other train sims, but I like it most for its Model railroad type game play. I do want to apologize to everyone as the release of my featured route (built in TS10) is unlikely at this time. Now that my new computer is up and running I'm transferring files and using TS12 again. My old computer couldn't handle anymore. But with the new assets available and the great new content from JR, my next project should be even better, but you are all doing great with your own layouts, keep em coming:).

Some previous pics of mine in tiltshift image.

23791ae62ef297ac6ac96a8db9a8dce9.jpg
d5b4937c1f9aba93a99a1c0263357853.jpg

Back