Model Railroadz

Here is a "Model RR " that is a major rework I did of "N Scale", a layout that was on the DLS maybe 10 years ago. I have updated it from time to time and this is my T:ANE version. Small ones like this can actually be "finished" in a month or two and can be fun to create and operate.
(Oh CRUD! I forgot I must put a screen shot on a web site first. Oh bother! Stand by.)
That didn't work. Try this link. And then "Full Scale".
photo
http://donsafer.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=203246002
photo

Last edited:
ModelTrainz

i did some exercises in making layouts... i learned a lot by changing the beautiful industry-scapes by philskene..
i used his deepwater, federal street, trinIty bay, port lol(eta) and others to create a static background with animated industry and shunting iatrains on dualmonitor for my realtime h0-modeltrack
still learning ... still enjoying ...

first ts12 with some dutch stuff from amazing mike:

and with this in the background:

it looks like that in realtime room:

so... i having fun ..... in more dimensions ....
thanx to you all ......

bonjour zsuda, qui est l'auteur du diesel rouge dans le 6ème post ?

0f0a99d0297532b284c9b0c80328804c.png

bonjour eclisse18

c'est un diesel hollandais de 2400-serie d'auteur
http://www.amazingmike.nl/html/payware/dutch/NS2400/index_NS2400.html

have a nice day..
daveric

Wow, kimo505, now I can imagine that layout in the basement, but I couldn't imagine actually building it! Great screenshot!

Hi kimo505
Nice shot. I actually have a piece of my old HO Scale layout stored in the garage.
It is very similar to your virtual model. Sadly it is in storage and all the trees have been removed but here is a (bad) pic just to compare.
ManytoneLayout01.jpg

Wow, kimo505, now I can imagine that layout in the basement, but I couldn't imagine actually building it! Great screenshot!

Thank you. The Utah Belt seems to be a favorite among a lot of model railroaders. I actually prefer the original layout over the new one. My Trainz version, if I actually do it would be completely re-imagined, but it would still have that UB look.

Hi kimo505
Nice shot. I actually have a piece of my old HO Scale layout stored in the garage.
It is very similar to your virtual model. Sadly it is in storage and all the trees have been removed but here is a (bad) pic just to compare.

I hear you, I have boxes of model train stuff that's been in storage for years, just don't have time or the interest like I use to I guess.:(

...I hear you, I have boxes of model train stuff that's been in storage for years, just don't have time or the interest like I use to I guess.:(
Same here, but with a :). Call me lazy, but it is so much easier just to sit there and create worlds at a button click (or dive into someone else's route that in "real" life a possessive railroader wouldn't have let you touch!)--not to mention a whole lot cheaper!

Nice!! Quick question, where did you get those motorhomes in the 4th picture down?? I've been trying to find some for quite some time now. Thanks.

I see Southern 88 has been a little busy, looks good, Like the Street Running, We had Southern Pacific run shunting downtown LA to Flower Mart and and whole lot of other Industry's, with SW1200 Switchers, long ago........

Last edited:
kimo505, i did the new one just did a bit of modifing by adding the turntable he had in his first layout. had to look all over the web to find most of my pictures of his UB. but its not pic worthy as of yet, when it is ill post pics of the whole thing here

Back