Model Railroadz

Sorry if this is a duplicate.....but I think I originally replied to the wrong post.

KotangaGirl, I searched and tried to download the
Mountenay switching layout, while in TRS22 but it seems to be missing some assets. The icon of the route has a "broken link" symbol in the upper right corner. I'm really a "newbie" when it comes to downloading routes, and even more so now in TRS22, so how can I determine what assets are missing and how to obtain them?

Bill (HiBaller) has answered part of your question on how to identify what is missing. Have you checked the 'Mountenay' thread in the Freeware Forum as that has information on where to find some of the missing assets. Fortunately none of the missing assets are critical to the functioning of the layout.

Thank you KotangaGirl......! I've got the list of missing dependencies (only 6 are missing) and I'll check out Mountenay on the Freeware Forum....!

My version of Model Railroaders Red Oak layout plan tweaked to my liking, my first and only route/layout Ive toyed with

You've made a nice job of that. I looked the plan up on Google, - looks to be a compact plan with plenty of operational interest for its size.

Last edited:
Well you made an excellent job of it perhaps you will be so kind as to post future layouts with or without their tweaks for our enjoyment. Peter

Takin' the snow dozer for a stroll...
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Love those huge flakes!

Thanks. Yes, they are my creations. Built the Great Northern, BN, and BNSF versions, but only exported the BNSF version to Trainz a couple years ago. It's set up as a locomotive with the front blades as a pantograph. A bit crude, bit it works.

Not really many other ways, use a Checkbox in the config menu or use one of the switches in the cab but the way you did is easiest and it works atleast.

Tom

Thanks. Yes, they are my creations. Built the Great Northern, BN, and BNSF versions, but only exported the BNSF version to Trainz a couple years ago. It's set up as a locomotive with the front blades as a pantograph. A bit crude, bit it works.

Hi there toolman this is my first serious attempt at MR.

The downside is there was no starting plan and behind those walls lies a myriad of confusion with tram and bus portals etc.

I think it's good enough to share but i really dont want to disappoint.

For instance trams and buses occasionally pass through each other and the rail is a bit hit and miss......i had the rail running for about 2 hours without any pile ups at stations but that was sheer luck.

There are so may fantastic MR route builders on here and i have to find a way to make this worthy of upload.

Please discard that old route from 2011.....i was still relatively new to trz and it was a disaster :D

Regards John.

thanks

Hi there toolman this is my first serious attempt at MR.

The downside is there was no starting plan and behind those walls lies a myriad of confusion with tram and bus portals etc.

I think it's good enough to share but i really dont want to disappoint.

For instance trams and buses occasionally pass through each other and the rail is a bit hit and miss......i had the rail running for about 2 hours without any pile ups at stations but that was sheer luck.

There are so may fantastic MR route builders on here and i have to find a way to make this worthy of upload.

Please discard that old route from 2011.....i was still relatively new to trz and it was a disaster :D

Regards John.

Thanks for the response, John. Well, I for one, would love it even with some faults. A lot of people upload and just call it WIP, or work-in-progress. I've seen vehicles drive thru trains, etc., but when the thing looks as good as yours, I don't care. I hope I notice whenever you do get to uploading. Keep up the obviously good work!

Hotgrove, you could put it out for beta testing, then people could let you know if they find any issues. More sets of eyes is usually better. I am not putting myself up as any kind of expert tester, but if you want some folks to look it over you will find volunteers here. :D

TY Forester1 and Toolman.
I just wish i had given this more thought.

The errors i remember are....

1. The tram catenary is slightly high for the bridges....an oversight but merely an annoyance rather than a problem.
2. As already mentioned trams and buses occasionally pass through each other.
3. There is a tram tunnel not in use as the layout is already busy enough with trams.....this tunnel can be opened up at any time.
4. I used invisible signals which snap onto the track and are always green so i just use invisible track to place conventional signals throughout......scenery items no less....also done this for the trams.
5. The room itself is not in a separate layer as i have never done this and don't know how.......i was constantly dragging items out of place during the build.
6. Track marks are used to stop the trams and trains at their stations hence i have no working stations.....didn't think this would matter for MR so kept it simple.

There are some more which i can't remember.
Will look over it again and hope to make it available fairly soon but go easy on me :D

So what about your beautiful pictures? Are they of routes that can be downloaded somewhere? (hopeful puppy dog eyes going on here)
Tim

Last edited:
TY Forester1 and Toolman.
I just wish i had given this more thought.

The errors i remember are....

1. The tram catenary is slightly high for the bridges....an oversight but merely an annoyance rather than a problem.
2. As already mentioned trams and buses occasionally pass through each other.
3. There is a tram tunnel not in use as the layout is already busy enough with trams.....this tunnel can be opened up at any time.
4. I used invisible signals which snap onto the track and are always green so i just use invisible track to place conventional signals throughout......scenery items no less....also done this for the trams.
5. The room itself is not in a separate layer as i have never done this and don't know how.......i was constantly dragging items out of place during the build.
6. Track marks are used to stop the trams and trains at their stations hence i have no working stations.....didn't think this would matter for MR so kept it simple.

There are some more which i can't remember.
Will look over it again and hope to make it available fairly soon but go easy on me :D

We will!!!

Thanks for this!

G'day All,

I just wanted to give a shout out to an excellent model route which has been put on the dls recently. It's <kuid:669208:100370> MRR North Texas Belt Line (Model Version) Final Version, by Dhall_Liberator. I haven't seen a thread or mention of it anywhere so far, so apologies if this is a double up.

This is a huge, great quality layout which is very nicely detailed . In particular (for me at least) the added bonus is that he has also provided some very useful sessions to go with it. Two multiplayer ones (which aren't of much use to me), plus a Single player session which is populated with lots of quality assets distributed around the route. This is something which I very much appreciate.

Below are a few screen shots of the route with the single player session assets as they are at the start of the session.

And this is the description by the author from the dls;

Description:
Welcome to the North Texas Belt Line! This is a digital model of the creator's n scale garage layout, and is created in order to be operated with multiplayer sessions as the physical model is. There is an accompanying Multiplayer session. This is now a completed route. The route has three main yards, five
staging yards, and 8 different towns you can switch cars in. The layout is designed to be used with JMRI to forward cars. The layout is a point to point layout with an ability to run trains around as well. There are 18 unique trains you can run, and there are over 570 cars on the layout. Please email htdevhelpcenter@gmail.com for inquiries. No reuploading or modifiying on the DLS is allowed without Dhall_liberator's permission. You may modify locally and enjoy as much as you like. Make sure to download the multiplayer session as well! If you would like to participate in the single player operations using JMRI, or the multiplayer sessions with the group operators, please email at htdevhelpcenter@gmail.com.

I didn't have any missing assets after downloading both the route and sessions, although there may be a couple of items from JR freeware? When I listed the "not on dls" items, most were either base, built-in or payware.

I want to thank Dhall_Liberator for making such a great quality route and sessions and sharing it with the rest of us.

Cheers,
Piere.

Thanks for this post! He doesn't mention in the description how to find the sessions. In case anyone sees this post, you have to search under "NTB" at the beginning, to find this example: NTB Single Player Ops Session Version 5 It would be more obvious if the sessions had followed the same naming convention as the routes, eh? 'North Texas Belt Line' vs 'NTB'.

Last edited:
No worries, glad it helped. A more recent version of the route was uploaded a few weeks ago as well (I can't recall the specific name of that version at the moment), but I think it was just to address some technical issues, rather than any changes.

Cheers,
Piere.

Back