Model Railroadz

UB switcher #1515 has just assembled a priority work train at the WP&L Yard, carrying sorely needed telephone poles to the Benson mine area where the last of the monsoon season has taken its toll.
GP15 #2334 and #2314 take the lead with the needed poles along with a cut of ballast cars and journey through the iron mountains before pulling off the mainline at Benson for unloading.

Welcome to Pioneer Fossil Fuel UB, Finally completed the layout detailing and now just need to add some track markers before releasing it on the DLS.

Last edited:
Busy testing track markers but managed to get a couple of Fall pix from the layout:

2018-09-07_21_28_41-_Greenshot.jpg

test2.jpg

Here we see the eastbound Powhatan Arrow heading thru the small town of Searles. In the foreground, two M class 4-8-0's wait for their crews to come and get them ready for a trip up a nearby branch to several coal mines and towns, providing the locals their sole link to the outside world.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Ok Given up with overhead after seeing the trouble approach Medium had even made the whole idea worse so I had 2 choices make Somerset Traction diesel or this witch is my option is better... Yes or No please. A lot of work cause of the low stations I used the 3rd rail needs to be away from platform, the points and gaps for crossing looks like I will have to replace all the track manually but that's ok. Using TUME's Track and bridge supports.

It will use NH & NYC 3rd rail locos and emu's looks like the older NH emus with gated entrance not on DLS anymore I like, still got them in TS12 Cause I had been thinking about this for a long time.

Tom

Changed to Jaeel's track and Joshe bridge looks better with trains only problem it is v1.3 but do like the look., will post another screen shot soon

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Mini Layout as its own separate route 'cause, and don't take this the wrong way, but that interests me more than the main layout. Besides, the transition era is my favorite era in railroading history.

Since Model Railroadz is becoming more and more of a thing now, I would like to suggest some large layout ideas for anyone to create. I mean recreating your favorite exhibition layout like something like Miniatur Wunderland or one of those museum layouts that depict a certain era. Maybe have a "virtual train show/model railway exhibition" and have multiple layouts coexisting in one building. If I were in the mood to do something like that, I would create layouts from not only multiple eras, but regions that I like which are something I don't get at my local train show unless if you're lucky to find a foreign one (e.g. German layout in a US show) on display. I have thoughts about it ever since I really enjoy watching Leokimvideo's train show videos on YouTube even though most of the actual layouts depicted are Australian themed because that's where he's from. However, that would be a great collaboration for some creators and everyone might have to agree on stuff like what floor tile to use on every layout before building.

Last edited:
Ok trainz has put the 3rd rail in wrong position no matter what I do at some of the stations and industries, so they will have to stay that way ….

Here is the 2nd choice of track with matching bridge, anyone with better option please tell me. atleast when I replaced what was already done it kept the position.

Tom

Last edited:
Ok trainz has put the 3rd rail in wrong position no matter what I do at some of the stations and industries, so they will have to stay that way ….
Tom

I assume your problem is that the third rail is on the platform side. Try using DMT Pro TRACK V2 as it has both RH and LH 3rd rails. It seems to work but I've only given it a limited test.

Last edited:
6:30 on a cold frosty morning. Most of us are still tucked up in a warm bed. But the Depot crew have been up since before dawn and have a good fire burning in the firebox of Old 97. They take the old girl over to the water tower. Next comes the hard part – coaling the tender. Then Chuck and Joe will take over, taking #97 out onto the road for a hard day’s work.

HO Scale BNSF Chilli Sub

The HO Scale BNSF Chilli Sub should be released in the next week. Check out the latest route update at the Model Trainz Projects channel on YouTube (link in signature).

QCXOFTM (CSX/North Baltimore, OH to Fort Madison, IA) leans into the curve approaching McCook, IL as it chases QCHIHOU.

6q2PQm9.jpg

A classic PRR K4:

PRR1.jpg

PRR2.jpg

PRR3.jpg

PRR4.jpg

PRR5.jpg

PRR6.jpg

PRR7.jpg

PRR8.jpg

PRR9.jpg

If anyone's curious, here are the T:ANE post-processing settings I used to achieve the "miniature" effect:

pp-settings.png

Back