Model Railroadz

Thanks hotgrove. I've never seen that movie, but it is a Clint Eastwood movie and I know he did quite a few westerns. I just free lanced the route, but I'm glad it reminds you of that movie, it means I must be getting the old west vibe pretty closely then :)

Cheers
Walter

TRS19-MR-4x-Circular-Dbl-Track-HELIX-5-Tiers-Phase-1-Project-Construction.jpg

Regards,
Ranciderwrich

Good news, gang; My new freelanced St. Louis based layout is all finished! Should be placing my consists on it and uploading the layout onto the DLS tomorrow, hopefully!
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

view_media_post

Some more shots of my latest model railroad....a western US themed one. It is a little larger (about 10 base boards or so). I did it that way to be able to place certain large assets, but also to give the feel of a western desert terrain. These follow a stagecoach around the route.

Cheers
Walter

Getting some work done on my first route since TRS12. General layout for the first "wing" of the model board is done. Now for more details and a small city behind the yard area...

Still having trouble to cover up the digholes - any ideas?

QRnHyUz.jpg
tOMwlNC.jpg

I just need to do the descriptive text to add to the config.txt file and the images, so it should be uploaded do the Download Station later today:

watch

watch

Phil

Trying to have another go ar the DSP&P R.R by Andrew Dodge , Not sure if im still happy with it. Middle screen Breckenbridge, Turntable at right is Como, Bores still needs partly built building and turntable, Deanbury behind Breckenbridge needs hotel and Kenosha above the loop, the thick bit was a thick wall with hole and snow sheds each side, in the background with Webester behind that., thinking 2 portals for the Denver & Buena-vista / Gunnison hidden staging, tried just flatting the floor this time instead of dig holes that did not work well cause of all the curves on this layot, the mine in the forground is wrong the loading ara should be below the building at the front just cant find the one I remember like that, any suggestions that would help me complete it please speak up.
DSP%26P-V2.jpg

Last edited:
Not using digholes can be done, but the curves do take an inordinate amount of time to work out. What caught my attention was the parquet floor. Do you have a KUID for it?

Bill

Hi y'all - long-time lurker here, first-time poster. I'm amazed at everyone's work! I'm working on a narrow-gauge logging layout, the Chickahoot & Bear Mountain (not based on any particular track plan or anything). I thought playing with a "2-level" type of track plan would be interesting.
The-C%26BM-Yard.-The-approach-to-Camp-%234-is-on-top-of-the-ridge-at-left..jpg

This is the yard looking towards the sawmill, and the interchange with a standard-gauge railroad (which may eventually be electrified). Camp #4 (the highest camp on the line) is located on the ridge at right.
The-approach-to-Camp-%234.jpg

The approach to Camp #4.

Some screenshots from my soon to be uploaded Broad Gauge layout. I have a standard gauge version as well, but I need to do some more frowning at it before it's complete and ready to go.

bIQG1TJ.jpg

5VsD2Vr.jpg

hzdbwNt.jpg

sUL59ob.jpg

mGdQRRh.jpg

i01GCjp.jpg

g6lV5eB.jpg

YwC2WkQ.jpg

OOG3Vlk.jpg

Took a break from the Chickahoot & Bear Mountain to run some trains on my other model railroadz route, "TexRail," depicting a generic Class I/Regional in the Texas Big Country. The two main municipalities are Plains City (modeled loosely on Abilene, TX) and Clearwater, TX (modeled loosely on Cleburne/Weatherford, TX). It's still a work in progress, but it's farther along than the C&BM.
A-northbound-grain-train-blows-through-Anderson-siding..jpg

A northbound grain train blows through the siding at Anderson.

The-Plains-City-Local-entering-the-North-side-of-Plains-City-from-its-work-at-Cork..jpg

The Plains City local enters the Plains City industrial district from the north.

A-southbound-coal-train-for-the-power-plant-at-Plains-City-passes-through--Cork..jpg

A southbound coal train for the power plant at Plains City passes through Cork.

A-southbound-unit-oil-train-passes-a-stopped-grain-train-at-Plains-City-Yard.-The-Plains-City-local-%28back-left%29-will-follow-it-into-the-yard.jpg

A southbound oil train meets a northbound grain train at the Plains City Yard. The Plains City Local (at top left) will follow the oil train into the yard once it is finished passing through, and then the grain train will depart.

Cool layouts everyone.
Guitarist277 - yours definitely has the feel of Texas to it (not that I have ever been there, but it reminds me of pictures I've seen of the real thing)

KotangaGirl - yours looks great too. One suggestion, although you probably already plan to do this, but those city streets seem to just cry out for some street lights of some sort and maybe a trash bin or two.

Cheers
Walter

Cool layouts everyone.
Guitarist277 - yours definitely has the feel of Texas to it (not that I have ever been there, but it reminds me of pictures I've seen of the real thing)

KotangaGirl - yours looks great too. One suggestion, although you probably already plan to do this, but those city streets seem to just cry out for some street lights of some sort and maybe a trash bin or two.

Cheers
Walter

Thanks Walter. I'm working on all the final detailing now and gas lamps and dustbins will be appearing soon. I've been adding more people which is always fun to do even though it takes a while to place them in ways that represent normal human interactions.

z9teOaL.jpg

YFbP1pR.jpg

Back