Model Railroadz

The goal is to release it to the public. Last shot for now, the aux tracks/roundhouse in its first iteration.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

DSP&P update ... Asking here as well has anyone got a better replacement for the engine shed at Boras Pass its spose to be sandstone and wood frame under construction has Turntable, water and coal within. Trying to keep it as low polly count as I can so no really dense forests for one thing starts with pines in the canyon and aspens for the rest, still working on wall heights even though basement will be no celin

Has anyone got DSP&P #2 & #8 working in Tane, seem to run but no chuff chuff sounds from bogie.

Any comments?

default session has the trains that were used to show off the layot, freight you drive to Beckenbridge picking up helper at Como to Boras Pass, the mixed you drive back to Como and the passenger you drive from there back to the portal I have not put in yet.

Tom

For those who have not seen the previous posts this is a layot I am building just to have some where to run the Mason Bogies that I will be happy to share if anyone wants it.

Last edited:
Hey Tom. So I looked through Ben's DLS stuff to see if he'd built something like it. I also went and looked at a few track diagrams. That is wild that the turntable and other stuff is indoors.

Best I could find that would fit the bill would be something like the single stall engine house made by Ben Dorsey or Pencil42. I tried reskinning Ben's single stall engine house into something similar to their roundhouse style.

Sort of died on the table on me:

If it turns out you like it I can put another hour into it but if not that's cool too.

I still wonder if Ben made it and its just been lost in the shuffle due to it having a specific name. I suppose in a pinch (if Ben didn't make it after all), you could use a large open shed spline with a ton of construction materials around. Framing boards? Perhaps frames already built that can be leaned?

Very cool layout Tom!

As for my own project, well I got a little distracted

Ok I got really distracted.

DSP&P update ... Asking here as well has anyone got a better replacement for the engine shed at Boras Pass its spose to be sandstone and wood frame under construction has Turntable, water and coal within. Trying to keep it as low polly count as I can so no really dense forests for one thing starts with pines in the canyon and aspens for the rest, still working on wall heights even though basement will be no celin

Has anyone got DSP&P #2 & #8 working in Tane, seem to run but no chuff chuff sounds from bogie.

Any comments?

default session has the trains that were used to show off the layot, freight you drive to Beckenbridge picking up helper at Como to Boras Pass, the mixed you drive back to Como and the passenger you drive from there back to the portal I have not put in yet.

Tom

For those who have not seen the previous posts this is a layot I am building just to have some where to run the Mason Bogies that I will be happy to share if anyone wants it.

Tom,

I did two things to get sound from these locos. First, I opened the trailing truck cdp's and removed the "direct-drive 1" lines from the config files. That line should only be in the driver config file. Second, I opened the engine cdp and changed the config file replacing the original engine sound file with the engine sound file used by Ben Neal's Clear Lake #12, <kuid:96914:53016>. If you don't already have it you will need to download it from Ben's site. In the event you don't like that sound, you can replace it with another of your choice that works.

Paul :)

Many thanks Phil. That means a lot coming from a top tier route builder...

EvQiNWo.jpg

Much of the effect is from JohnnyC1's ground textures. They're terrific.

Best,
smyers

A question if I may, What is the name of this particular Route..........:eek:

I would like to download it........Thank You

Thanks Gman347 Wrote the instructions down to try, now that's a old shot of the route changed so much, all the red sandstone is now gone and darkened the rest a little .

Tom

Bob Ross Thanks getting so much help today ... if that's a little distracted I hate to see a lot distracted

I Tried this a few days ago what do you think, probly looks a little modern I'm thinking

Tom

Actually Tom that looks fantastic. Very nice kit-bash. I see what you mean but it might just be a matter of marrying the scene together, maybe changing the elevated coal staith out for some wooden ones on the ground?

Bob_Ross looking at the PDF's I download on articles on the model Railroad the Coal stage at Boreas is correct , thanks for suggestion anyway
Articles if your Intested on internet

DSP Layot 1 Dodge NGSL Aug2015.PDF
DSP Layot 2 Dodge FR 2003.PDF

That scene in the last photo is fantastic

Tom

Last edited:
Ah ok, that's great that there is enough information to get it prototypical. Thank you for the pdfs Tom, I will grab them and check them out.

Thanks for the praise Annie and Tom, but it's not my work, I actually found it on the DLS...

<kuid2:531852:25016:1> Modulo di Latta (K1)

The other items ar assets prefaced with 'Jouef'

Tip for adding track to it, lower it to ground level, add track and reset heights to match the original, then raise the unit again.

Annie, I love the sound that your clockwork loco makes and the look of your tinplate coaches, childhood days remembered!

Cheers, Graham

Annie, I love the sound that your clockwork loco makes and the look of your tinplate coaches, childhood days remembered!

Thanks Graham, - considering that I knew not a thing about making a sound file when I started I'm a bit amazed at how it turned out myself.

mine those days was O gauge Tinplate Battery powered diesel and coaches and track I got at 4, was lucky enough even to find someone chucking out more track including points and crossovers, had quite a collection but needed a lot of space to play with and we had a small house.

Tom

Hello from France ,

I stil have the real toy , and if Ican find it in a correct delay, I will post a picture of it...

But the real thing have no crossing of course , it has two cercles animated by the clockwork ... The trains are on two discs under the ground, and the central station helps to maintain the mecanism...

55 years old, ans still working !!! No obsolescence with old things !!!

Have a nice day all , friendly, Marc

Back