Model Railroadz

Some work in progress pics from a shelf layout with an upper deck for storage and display.
I sure wish there was some ability to shut down and start locomotives now! That shelf gets a bit noisy with that many locomotives idling. I'd even be happy with some kind of simple mute function.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Nice looking layout Andrew, and nice display shelves! Many of us would like more static locos, but then again, one might be tempted at any time to grab one of the shelf and run it! :)

Nice looking layout Andrew, and nice display shelves! Many of us would like more static locos, but then again, one might be tempted at any time to grab one of the shelf and run it! :)

Thanks!, So I'm actually kind of using it as a staging yard / display area. There are portals at both ends that will consume trains and they output after 1 minute down to another portal on the main level and vice versa. I was thinking of building a helix to connect everything but that was going to take a while to build not to mention traverse and since this is Trainz and we have magic portals, why not leverage them.

@Ispdyiu.......So sorry i didn't get back sooner my friend and thanks for the nice words.

Those lights are actually put together using the assets of a very talented creator and route builder.....his name is Graham and his content is fantastic as well as his routes.

I just got an idea in my head and went for it and was very happy with the end result.....painstaking but worth it.

The train shelf layout sounds good to me and this route will be going on the DLS hopefully before Xmas but it's the operational side of things that are my major failing.

To get around signalling i have done it my own way.....it works for me but i will be listing all the negatives in the notes.

Regards John.

Last edited:
Hello Andrew,love your work.

I fully appreciate the time and effort you have put into creating the room and the actual route itself.

In MR i feel the two have to go hand in hand and you have certainly captured both..............very well done.

Last edited:
Hello all. I am currently searching for one of those ancient layouts for UTC-TRS2004 that is mountain themed, with one side winter and the other summer. I believe, as far as I could remember, was created by teleport_8, the same guy who created the "Iceland" and the desert-themed "Big 8" routes. (Actually, I do vaguely remember all 3 of them shared the same website...) Any ideas what it was? Please respond ASAP, and thanks.

My Attempt at a MR

Taking a break from my Highlands route and thought I'd give a MR a go.

Nothing on the other posts here, they are brilliant, but it's a bit of fun.

Being me, its obviously LMS.

Barely started, but make some progress on one of the station and the junction area with the colliery branch.

I am still on TS2012 until I can get a better computer. Criticism ALWAYS welcome.

CCu0JcW.jpg

vl39RVd.jpg

3PtO0rR.jpg

9e1tPHd.jpg

IWH3pFt.jpg

WH4kpG0.jpg

hLFnmeM.jpg

ItP9JwG.jpg

oLxpWKa.jpg

3rdkDUK.jpg

It looks like you've made a really nice start with that George. Nothing wrong with TS2012, - I still work in that sometimes since it does what it says on the tin and is fairly reliable.

One from a basement layout.

wOmECge.jpg

Main control room from my Model Rail Basement Layout.

[FONT=&quot]
RVi5bJN.jpg
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Had a little time to pay Homage to Bill McClanahan, the late great cartoonist turned proprietor of the Texas & Rio Grande Western.

I mainly referred to the photos from the October '74 and September '81 RMC Mags.

Taken from the small backroom looking through the narrow corridor leading on to the main control room.

npNHiwR.jpg

From a basement layout i lost but had roughly 60% of it saved under another name.
Never had the will to revisit it and go over all that work again so i discarded it.
The passage of time slowly healed the pain and i got in about it again.
Added a few things and changed others and it looks better than before for me.

Many thanks to the trainzers who tried to help me save the original set up.
Big TY to JCitron whose instructions looked like they were going to salvage it but alas it was gone.

I see a few have already downloaded my model rail basement layout.
The route and session have a couple of errors and i tried to update both before they hit the DLS.

Failed to do this sorry.

I see a few have already downloaded my model rail basement layout.
The route and session have a couple of errors and i tried to update both before they hit the DLS.

Failed to do this sorry.
@hotgrove >

Just downloaded into TRS 2019 build 117026.

Zero errors showing.

Rico

Last edited:
@hotgrove >

Just downloaded into TRS 2019 build 117026.

Zero errors showing.

Rico
Thank you.
I noticed a track mistake leaving ELSBRIDGE.....a part of the invisible track needs straightened.....It's the route of the train that departed from WICKLEY Platform 1 that goes on to depart ELSBRIDGE Platform 2.......orange and black in colour.
A track mark titled rail 8 needs inserted between TM rail 13 and TM rail 9 with a 10 second wait to get it in and out of the platform (MILFORD Platform 1) as soon as. (Virgin train)
The bridge (spline) in the small backroom at level crossing ( Wilson street) needs dragged to the left slightly.
That building with the tower....there is a leg sticking out.....drag the lady onto the sidewalk or delete :D

Sorry about all the mayhem.....experiment with the TM timings.

Description box wasn't large enough to add all the station info.

Last edited:
Sorry - did i miss something, there is a session? Well, I can't find it DLS???
Sorry don't know what has happened.
Anyway once again the whole route is gone......LOST IT and don't know why.
A frequent occurence for me.
Anyone who has uploaded this should just delete it unless they want me to send them session rules that will at least run in some kind of fashion.

Back