Model Railroadz

Phil,
I saw the video last night but hadn't seen any mention of it on the forum until today. The video is cool and I'm really looking forward to yet another gem of yours. It is really neat that you are upgrading these routes. Thanks for all your hard work.

Gary

A basement layout...

Basement.jpg

An Austrian friend asked me how progress was going on this layout so after having left it in the dark in the basement I went down to check it out and see what I could do to get it finished.

I found that 3 AJS stations had vanished!, no idea why (I am sure that I hadn't been at the whiskey when I closed it down a while back).
There was also a very odd LOD problem with a few buildings, when I got close to them they vanished!!!
A lot of people had also gone missing, but that problem was solved by downloading the Additional TANE Assets for TRS19 pack in Content Store.
Much detailing to do yet, but one day 'soon' it will get released :eek:

The ghost town! no stations and no people, must be in Covid lockdown :hehe:

Someone-stole-the-stations.jpg

I like viaducts!
Viaducts.jpg

Last edited:
You layout very much feels like it's down in a basement Graham. I hope your layout didn't suffer too much from 'TS2019 update ate my layout' syndrome since it looks to be very nicely put together. The last screenshot with the viaducts is impressive.

The Kut, Kopy & Paste Railroad

This began as an exercise in cutting, copying, pasting and merging several model railroads into one.

Yosemite #26 begins at the steel mill section extracted from The Deepwater Railroad, crosses over to a section from the lower level of The Port Loleta Railroad, sweeps past the dry sort yard into a part of Krashnburne, traverses the back streets before entering IntenCity, and finally crosses over the second of two swing bridges into what was the upper level of The Port Loleta Railroad.

It ain't all that hard to do but it is time consuming. There is the need for transition pieces between segments. Interactive industry tracks need to be reconnected to the track. TurfFX don't transfer across when merging layouts, so it has to be redone on the section or sections that are being imported into the base layout.

But overall I'm pleasantly surprised by the way that it actually works. The high level section of Port Loleta, for example, pasted perfectly at ground zero. Most surprisingly the rotate function works perfectly -- it's possible to paste sections after rotating them 90, 180 or 270 degrees.

Best watched full screen and at 1080p:

Phil

Phil,
Just saw the video on YouTube before finding it here. Really nice piece of work you've got there. The transitions were seamless. It is a long route, and looks like it would be fun to operate. :cool:

So, Chuck and Joe are movie stars again, as I see you've got them posing for the cameras and running the new route. Well, sir, that ferry barge is not going to unload itself, and the railroad needs to keep making money. I'm surprised that The Dispatcher has "let" you have his star performers for as long as you have. He's been crabbing about how freight operations are suffering. :hehe: If you throw this out to the ever-hungry masses that anxiously look forward to the next creation from Philskene, I'm sure Heinrich and Hans would be glad to sub in for Chuck and Joe, if you have more videos they need to star in...just saying...:eek:

Great job on the merging of several routes. It looks so cool.

Gary

Hi Phil we know your the master on this type of model railroad type routes, just more proof

Great work again

Tom

Ozark & Southern

Ok, so after losing enthusiasm over the amount of work needed on my bigger routes, I decided to focus on smaller, one-baseboard/one-room layouts so that I could focus on detailing. The Ozark & Southern is designed based on a 12' x 14' bedroom, and inspired by the route of the Arkansas & Missouri Railroad:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I based the route around being able to include the above scene. The rest were just bonuses.

About a 2 feet down the track from the previous photo.

Still thinking about whether to change that industry at the back.

This is another scene I was looking forward to including, bashed from the towns of Mountainburg, Chester, and south Fayetteville, AR.

On yet another WIP layout , some coaches that I have newly added to the DLS..

A set of 4 RSV1 (Ruhr Schnelverkehr) coaches behind a DR BR38, both of Prussian Origin.

DR-BR38-RSV1-consist.jpg

Hey everybody, been awhile since I've posted. Hope you all are having a good holiday season and your families are well.

Now that I've got some more free time again, I've been working on something new. 2 of the trestles on my current project.

A basement layout...

Basement.jpg

I found that 3 AJS stations had vanished!, no idea why (I am sure that I hadn't been at the whiskey when I closed it down a while back).
There was also a very odd LOD problem with a few buildings, when I got close to them they vanished!!!
A lot of people had also gone missing, but that problem was solved by downloading the Additional TANE Assets for TRS19 pack in Content Store.
Much detailing to do yet, but one day 'soon' it will get released :eek:

Nice to hear and see the progress, Graham! Many thanks

Back