Model Railroadz

Part three... (Final part!)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Here,we catch the locomotive uncoupled from the coaches,heading to the roundhouse.

Here,we catch the locomotive about to enter one of the stalls.

And yes Philskene,I did this all in cab mode. And I didn't go over 30MPH.

Currently working on a 2 baseboard US layout that covers 3 different regions/biomes; desert, plains, and forestry. I've made a start on the desert region and somewhat the plains/forest blend region - as well as designing my own backdrops to suit. I really wanted to challenge myself and see how seamlessly I can make vastly differing regions blend in a small area.

Hopefully I don't make a complete mess of it and have this done in a few weeks and ready for release. :confused:

rKU9EIO.jpg

qdfiaqA.jpg

qY3wpmo.jpg

f6JVC6p.jpg

Some interesting projects underway. Most welcome.

RailFan -- that's the advantage of "standard" gauge. While my layouts obviously follow North American practices I try to make them generic enough so that all types of locomotives (engines) and freight cars (wagons) don't look too out of place.

Phil

MRL gas local working its way south. The layout is based on HO Granite Falls Ethanol RR by Rolf Malmborg. This variation features minimum 3' radius curves (in yard) / 4' main line, and a maximum grade of 1in40 (2.2%).

eQxS7EO.jpg

3Rbmmcr.jpg

oKSkzq9.jpg

bFEKOuT.jpg

Last edited:
MRL gas local working its way south. The layout is based on HO Granite Falls Ethanol RR by Rolf Malmborg. This variation features minimum 3' radius curves (in yard) / 4' main line, and a maximum grade of 1in40 (2.2%).
Looks great so far! I'm really impressed by your texturing job on the desert part, but may I suggest swapping out the tall trees out for smaller shrubs, or the built in honey mesquite trees? You'd be hard pressed to find trees like that in a desert in North or South America, the trees you have on there look more like African or Australian type desert tree. Great job regardless, and thanks for your great assets you make as well.

A misty morning...
oVYhOY.jpg

Common Beech's (fagus sylvatica) planted at Phil's playground...

rNtxa6.jpg

Winter...

Jan

Last edited:
New Year, New Project

@FirstSoloFlight: Looks great so far!

Took a few weeks off after the last release and started on a new project over the holidays. Debating whether to complete this is TANE or TRS19.

lJoYJsb.jpg

MGqnALH.jpg

Slowly putting together something for the M120 crew. A lot more detail and fine tuning going into pre-planning of this one. Completely new texture sets, model railroad fascia assets that work with JR content, new backdrops, room assets, ballast splines instead of ballasted tracks. Still not completely happy with this but it's progress. Using TSMs ballast splines as a placeholder while getting textures right.

oDiaXzw.jpg

YnzAWcN.jpg

That's looking very, very good.
I like the contrast of the dark surroundings which causes you to focus on the models.
You also prove that you don't need lots of track to make a scene look authentic.

dualgauge ?

... for my diorama - volvo ce (most favorite industry), what i use as a animated background for my real modelrailroad diorama, i used as track: <kuid2:124017:25029:2> Plate Girder Bridge, bendy = maddy25 (built-in)
and as normal gauge loc: <kuid:68926:910000> M&H 2-6-0 91 Engine = stevelerro
and as narrow gauge loc: <kuid2:222925:60000:1> Loco NG 3ft 2-6-6 DSPP #42 = togog
on the same track ...

... in the 2nd pic:
normal gauge loc: <kuid2:178987:501:2> NS_501 = stevado
narrow gauge loc: <kuid2:69871:2320:1> Loco NG 3ft kDB Freelance Diesel = keimei / philskene

dual-gauge-%3F.jpg

dual-gauge.jpg

grtz
daveric

Back