Model Railroadz

Thank you Bob. I like how it pulls it together too. Partly why it is tough to replace it.

BTW I like the screenshots of your layout. Looks big. I especially like the last one with the backdrop and black valance (?).

My next model layout will be an around the wall layout I think.

Thanks Walter. I have a tendency to overdo it sometimes with my routes, this one will be no exception. Has a car capacity of something like 600 cars, maybe 900 if you really wanted to push it. I really enjoy building them but sometimes struggle to operate them effectively. Got a lot to learn about EIT, signals, etc.

I'll be honest, I really enjoy the smaller routes like what you and soap are working on. Its sort of the proof that you can do just as much with a little as you can with a lot, especially with this game.

About the benchwork, yeah that is euromodeller's black luxury 10m fascia above the layout, with the black luxury 15m as the fascia edge, and the fascia black curtain reversed. Floor is at -160m at the moment. N scale.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Oyster Bay Railroad is shaping up nicely. Just have final details to add and some bi3 industries and test it all out.

Two shots , one of each half of the route...

The east end (fishing port)

The west end (shipping port)

Some of the displays around the room...

Clark city scrap dealer....

The railroads engine shed facility

One of the many Easter eggs I added. This poor fisherman has no idea what is below him...
Catch-of-the-day%3F.jpg

Whamm0,
Your route is really looking good. The details really stand out, especially the harbor areas. The displays around the wall are a very nice touch to enhance the overall theme.

You've captured the feel of a congested and very busy port and fishing area. Great job! :cool:

Heinrich505

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the encouragement. Hopefully I can find the time to finish it soon. I've had fun putting it together. It will even have more than just trains to run....two driveable tugs plus a vw auto i found (that last one is a really nice piece of content - has multiple skins and can even play music in the 'cab' view).

The Oyster Bay Railroad is almost ready. Here's some more shots while you wait:

The industries are set, just need to do final details then pack it all up for the DLS.

Cheers
- Walter

Thanks all. I am glad you all like how it looks. Hopefully it runs well too. Should be ready after some more play testing to make sure things work ok.

Sunset-at-Oyster-Bay.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Pete. I like the junkyard and powerplant lighting. Where did you ever get that toolbox, jar of nails and radio from? Very cool.

- Walter (aka whamm0)

Thanks guys! Looks like the toolbox, nails, and stereo came from the TMR17 DLC package I bought a few years ago. They might be on the DLS though. Their prefix is MFTS. Listed as installed/payware.

Hi Pete! I have those assets and they say installed, payware, so they are still DLC. Great use of them in your route!

Back