Model Railroadz

Hey Bob_ross, I looked up that DLC for the model railroad stuff, and it appears to be for TANE. Just curious , are you running that dlc in trs19 or tane?

Side note, the dlc was more expensive than the full TMR bundle with the game also, lol.

Lol is it really? Oh man. Yeah I'm currently working in TANE. I wonder if the bundle is good for trs19? I saw someone post a shot in the gallery of franklin Avenue with missing textures. So might be a bit hairy for trs19 users. That was last year though, so not really sure.

NKP - Getting a little closer! Detail work is taking some time, but overall I think it'll pay off. Realistically might be another 30 days :/ brutal I know.

I originally bought the TMR bundle to add to my T:ANE standard, and when I got TS2019 Platinum, I got all of those assets. I think any DLC you buy follows you as you upgrade, at least I hope. I also got all the T:ANE Deluxe bundle routes I bought for T:ANE.

Shunting coaches on 'Pennyworth'. All still WIP at the moment.

YeOYb7q.jpg

cpeGUJO.jpg

Looking good KG, I really like that layout room. The Lionel track is awesome too.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

And for all those living under the star spangled banner

Happy 4th of July.

Looking good KG, I really like that layout room. The Lionel track is awesome too.

And for all those living under the star spangled banner

Happy 4th of July.

Thanks Bob. I used to work in coarse scale 'O' gauge and collect 'O' gauge tinplate models so it's really nice being able to replicate that with Trainz.

Some very nice screenshots.

@KotangaGirl - liking that module, will it be part of a larger layout with more modules?

@Bob_Ross - layouts coming along nicely, esp like the last shot w the fog and lighting.

Some very nice screenshots.

@KotangaGirl - liking that module, will it be part of a larger layout with more modules?

Thanks very much whamm0. It could be very possible to expand Seaton. Most of the hard work was in researching the station at Seaton, but with the rest of the line to the next station mainly running through empty rural countryside it wouldn't be that difficult to extend the layout.

Playing trains, - I mean undertaking serious testing, - on my present WIP layout Lynborough.

3wz1kV0.jpg

bc0qtB6.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job Walter! Looking forward to downloading it. Nice environment work too.

KG - That is looking really good! The steam era is so cool. Your small layout plans thread was a great idea.

NKP - I'm glad you asked, because honestly I think its time I put it down for a week and just operate it for awhile. If you'd like, I can send you the route cdp sometime this week. As to the reason, route is 90% done. But a route like this could go on forever, especially since its fictional. So there is no real reason you should have to wait. I can always send you a new copy of the route as I go. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Since I've had a few duds with random stuff like roads and traffic, I haven't got much to show off that is new. However, I did manage to capture a crude trackplan of the route. Here it is:
Beer-Line-Trackplan.jpg

Thanks Pete.

KotngaGirl - I agree about the small layout plans thread. Especially like the route smyers posted, awesome detailing. Don't see that in a mega route. It would be nice to actually finish a route once in a while too. I always try to over detail routes besides, but with a small route it can be done.

- Walter

Yes exactly Walter. It took me over a year to build 40 miles of Norfolk (Uk), but with a TMR format layout I can create a layout that satisfies my desire for nice detailing in a fraction of the time. 'Lynborough' is almost complete now, - it's a two Trainz board layout with plenty of potential for interesting traffic movements that should keep me amused for hours.

Especially like the route smyers posted, awesome detailing.

Many thanks. The small format does allow for thorough, even obsessive, detailing.

5cKNWzJ.jpg

I just can't seem to manage the larger routes, either. Dearnby, The Big Build and so on, are great. I just don't know how to run them realistically.

Best,
smyers

That route you're working on is really well done smyers. It reminds me of competition level dioramas, everything well thought out and placed with a purpose.

You know the thing about big routes is they are such a huge commitment, very easy to push yourself into burnout.

Speaking of which, I'm officially on vacation from my monster route, put up my "Gone Narrow-Gauging" sign, packed up my favorite 30ng and 30in equipment and headed for Philskene Territory. The Cilie Old Phartz rides again!

Hi Bob --

I thought I recognised that screen shot. The Cillie Oldphartz. You might be interested in an updated TRS19 version of The Oldphartz -- and yes, at some stage you do need to migrate from T:ANE to TRS19. It's much better.

This is as much as I can offer at the moment:

Seven (yes SEVEN) months ago I put this version into the N3V DLC approval stream. Waited, waited, waited, ... . Asked for an update -- no reply. Asked again, and again, ... . Last week in desperation I emailed Tony Hillian. Three days ago I received an email from Paul Olsen that the Oldphartz had been marked "failed" because I needed to re-submit the package in the new N3V evaluation process. This creates a dilemma for me.

My reading of the new process is that I submit the layout, the N3V "system" builds it into a package suitable for release, I download the package and test it, and then if I deem it satisfactory it goes into the Beta Testing phase. Now to quote from the N3V documentation:

"Once 10 or more beta testers claim your package the status of your Project will change to Beta Testing. During the beta testing phase if all beta testers complete their testing before the beta testing period is finished then the beta testing round will be marked complete."

It's the "claim" bit that causes me concern. Presumably there is a continuous flow of content entering the Beta Testing. Now say, for example, there are 40 beta testers. Perhaps only eight of these may have any interest in model railroads. And of those eight perhaps four might be interested only in UK model railroads. In this hypothetical case there will never be ten testers to claim The Oldphartz, the layout will linger in the process for eternity, by which time both you and I will be even older oldphartz.

The process obviously has serious imperfections. I'm unsure what to do now.

And for others thinking about submitting DLC to N3V, be aware that it may never ever be beta tested.

Phil

Last edited:
Back