Model Railroadz

Hope that bnsf gp30 will be released soon could use it in my bnsf route I started building in ts12 I refuse to use tane looks to fake to me with the bright lighting

So, the model railroad expands and morphs into some quasi western USA BN coal conduit compete with a totally unneeded, but much beloved helper set.

BN-Coal-1.jpg

BN-Coal-2.jpg

BN-Coal-5.jpg

Hi everyone reloaded TS12 and grabbed this, after realizing I had used payware cliff spines I redone them just using textures, I am quite liking the new ones over the old Colorado ones I used in the past on right, did loose a few old trees as well as you can see near flat top dine in fourground
This layot I realize now is over scaled by I think 3 times but that was cause the Vulcan ferry system I used was the scale for the rest of the route. that's why there is that extra space to left might have to fill with town or something, Yes not quite sure at Moment how I want to complete it but did give it more signals to protect mainline running using the Sp2 ones by RRsignals, the small hood one these searchlights I thought suited the line. I'm thinking at the moment its after the line was taken over fully by New Haven maybe even partly shared with NYC and diesals replaced electrics
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Need some options
Tom

Last edited:
@Railhead: what lighting settings do you have for the first shot in post #2843. They have a nice daytime feel (not too bright, not too dark).

@chris2001trainz2010 Lovely scene.

I've been all over the place this month trying to work on three routes. One from each today... and hopefully some new You Tube content this weekend.

BNSF Train QLACCHI crosses over from main 1 to main 2 at CP-West Willow Springs as ZWSPSBD shoves to a pickup of it's hot trailers for SoCal.
cypA13t.jpg

I'm also in progress of the LONGGG effort to re-work my North Jersey Route in TANE.

Here a CSX stack train bound for South Kearny (to right) passes through the meadows on the P&H branch as a westbound NJ Transit commuter train heads for Newark.
NKFTZPH.jpg

Lastly, I'm finalizing the St. Louis Line right in time for a late summer release. Here, Conrail train MAIL-44 accelerates out of Avon Yard and under the signal bridge at CP-MY with it's hot parcel traffic for North Jersey.
vL5epnx.jpg

o4EKvmZ
o4EKvmZ
o4EKvmZ
A tiny urban switching route being developed based on the "Pike City" trackplan published in MR, 1998...

IdNAa2y.jpg

9zeReWR.jpg

XLSLPr3.jpg

My first attempt at image posting. Hope it works.

Best,
tagsdm

I agree. It looks great. We can never have too many urban switching model railroad layouts.

Will you be uploading it to the Download Station? If it requires external downloads, will you be providing the links?

I look forward to this one.

Phil

Thanks for your generous comments, everyone. As you can see, I'm a novice with Trainz. I've thought of uploading to the DLS, but the missing assets, lost kuid's, etc scenario that many uploaders endure I may not be able to handle. I started the route just as JackieG was uploading his Miami Spur ( a fantastic route) and I thought everyone was going to chase him down with torches and pitchforks! I have only TANE so many of the older assets won't even work on my version. Most came from the DLS or Jointed Rail freeware. None are payware. Philskene, you've done this many times. How do you provide links? I haven't a clue where every blade of grass and doorknob came from. Is there a process for making it as painless as possible?

Anyway, here's a couple more...

Vdp9Xcp.jpg

oJmAq9O.jpg

TnYLEOV.jpg

Several details to finish off, but so far, so good.

Best,
smyers

That is amazing, great little switching layot

loco looks like the TPW Alco 060ST?

Tom

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone. Yes it is the Alco 0-6-0ST from the Backshop. It works really well on this route. I wish we had a bunch more of these simple, sturdy 0-6-0T types like the B.E.D.T. engines.

Best,
smyers

Smyers, that route looks really good, far better than the effort I made a few years ago.

My method to find out what items are not on the DLS is as follows:

Right click on your route and select List Dependencies

In the new window select all, right click and select Export to CDP. This will create a backup of those dependencies. Do not wory about built-in items being in that list; Content Manager just ignores them in making the CDP

Now you have your backup, select all again and delete. Again CM will ignore the built-in items.

You should now have a list with three types of object; built-in, available for download and unknown asset. Click on the status heading and all the unknown assets should be at the top of the list.

Select these and copy (CTRL+C) then paste into something like Notepad You now have a list of the unknown KUIDs.

Close that window and reinstall the CDP and you should be back where you started and all should be OK.

Now comes the tedious bit of finding what the unknown assets are and where they came from. Hopefully you will not have too long a list.

I hope this helps

Back