Model Railroadz

A shot from a WIP layout of mine...

MR-East-End-Update-7.jpg

more info here.....

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...odel-Railway-Club-Route-a-WIP-by-Euromodeller

Andrew --

That looks great. Do you intend sharing on the Download Station?

As for access under the baseboard (duck unders), I had a similar issue with the Shortz & Kerl. The solution I adopted was to place doors next to the baseboard and lower them into the floor so that the top of the door was flush with the top of the baseboard.

Phil

What is great about Trainz model railroads, no Trainzers have actually ever split their biscuits, ducking under a model railroad platform, as we can ghost, phase, or beam right on through, any physical wooden train platforms :hehe:

Thanks all for the nice comments.
Thanks to all the other content creators who share their work, routes, assets and techniques!
approach_mediums YouTube videos have been helpful with techniques and learning of new assets. I like his “painted” road method. Philskene, Zsuda’s and railhead001’s work has been inspirational as well.

Phil,
I would be fine with uploading to the DLS but I have to admit I didn’t pay much attention to which assets I was using so there’s likely a fair amount of payware, mostly from JR I think. I totally understand frustrations with missing kuids though :confused:

Most model railroads have a simple Wooden Duck decoy sitting under the benchwork, and a soft foam header to protect "Ducker Under's" knoggens :cool:
You have created a true Classic model railroad, what are your curve radius measurements, please ?

sorry, I didn’t pay much attention to curve radii other than to make them as large and gentle as space would allow. I’ll see if I can measure some curves though.. at one point I put down some 89’ auto racks in some spots and just eyeballed that the angles between cars wasn’t too ridiculous.

Model routes are pretty much the same as normal routes, and many are built with the regular Trainz versions, but they may use assets from TrainzModelRailroad (TMR) 2017. So in T:ANE you may not get some of the "model" stuff like room walls, curtains under the tables, flooring, etc. Have you tried it? Most of the operational stuff should be fine

Model routes are pretty much the same as normal routes, and many are built with the regular Trainz versions, but they may use assets from TrainzModelRailroad (TMR) 2017. So in T:ANE you may not get some of the "model" stuff like room walls, curtains under the tables, flooring, etc. Have you tried it? Most of the operational stuff should be fine
I have but I want to incorporate them into "realistic" routes and I can't figure out how to get rid of the model parts, if that makes sense.

Beautiful layouts everyone!

Here's a layout I've been working on for a little while. It's PRR-themed, but realistically any steam/transition era eastern road would look at home here.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

@Ericmp: that is a sweet-looking layout!
@Mkultra04: Now I understand what you are saying. That could take some work, as you will have to get rid of the digholes that separate the floor from the tables. Not sure how to do that, but I assume it can be done in surveyor. I am wondering if you just deleted "model assets" like flooring, ceilings, walls, etc. from surveyor or config.txt if that would remove them as needed. Hopefully someone who knows more will respond.

@ mkultra04 : every model railroadz i change into a "real world" design ... like in my thread "diorama : 4 in 1", post #27, where i changed philskenes layout ... you can really remove every asset you don't wanna have :
- floor : (deleting spline) by raising the ground and/or filling with water ...
- digholes : by finding the right spot = grey triangle in the floor with wireview (F9)
- splines (walls, floor, curtains etc) : by viewing from above and hit the spline-end with the deletebutton ..
... send me pm if you have still questions or show pics of your results ... good luck and have fun ...
grtz
daveric

ps : i like your pics and/or designs ...

Beautiful layouts everyone!

Here's a layout I've been working on for a little while. It's PRR-themed, but realistically any steam/transition era eastern road would look at home here.

I know it may sound a bit corny (if not outdated), but... ...Please please please PLEASE let this layout be compatible with TMR2017!

Given that all of the fantastic work shown here . 2019 will have to be in my near future . ericmp .. Ya might post some shots on the PRR thread . Nice work , All

Matt

Back