Model Railroadz

I just built an oval layout in HO scale. Pretty tight radius, but my PRR D1sB can handle it fine. I still need to add table supports and flooring.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
^ Top view of the layout

^ MOW crews working on moving a fallen tree.

^ The beautiful dual trestles near the small mining community.

^ The small neighborhood.

^ And finally, the main crossing.

There is some work to do on scenery too. What do you think?

The layout dimensions are 3.0 ft by 7.5 ft in HO scale.

It has 2 industries and 2 future extension points.

It's a great layout for switching.

Last edited:
Dude. Where can I download this route. PM me with a link.
Try the DLS. Search for either routes made by me or assets with "huttel" in the name.

----------

This is another route found on the DLS, not by me this time, bit older, bit smaller, but nice:

Route called "Hornby". It is a route made for/in TRS2004. Doesn't work in TS12 but for some mysterious reason does work in TANE.

HO Model Railroad: Conrail St. Louis Line

The sun has not yet risen as Conrail intermodal train TV-4 passes CP-Hunt in Avon, IN as it begins its journey to the Kearny, NJ.
115aae1720f4762b95ae7b0cb6ad03c6.jpg

Conrail train TV-55 is at track speed passing through Greencastle, IN at milepost 39 on the St. Louis line. The train will be enter Union Pacific territory at St. Elmo, IL for it's trip to Dallas, TX.
aedacdf1eaf476a8b49ed4ae02d8025d.jpg

Conrail train MAIL-44 is approaching Avon, IN and splits a coal train (on Greencastle siding) and manifest train PIPB (westbound on main 1).

cc187987af658543fe5ad42dff8520b3.jpg

@socalwb909: definitely a garden railroad....

I started this and other model railroads with walls, ceilings, etc. I just enjoy the sky too much in screenshots, especially dawn!

-John P, is it even possible for the sun to rise on your model RR if its not outside? Well unless it's a garden RR! :hehe:

-Joe
Well, I suppose that Trainz is the way that we can have the best of both worlds! ;)

And, in fact, my next route strategy is moving in that direction: small board setup with backdrops like a model route, but with big skies and portals for AI trains like a prototypical route. I don't think I could call it a "Model Railroad," though, in that I would not be needing simulated floors, tables, or walls for a room environment.

Back