Page 222 of 223 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223 LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3335

Thread: Model Railroadz

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Oh my word Graham, - how on earth did you manage to do that? You are the Imagineer indeed.
    Agree just fantastic

Tom
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 111951

Thanks for the praise Annie and Tom, but it's not my work, I actually found it on the DLS...

<kuid2:531852:25016:1> Modulo di Latta (K1)

The other items ar assets prefaced with 'Jouef'

Tip for adding track to it, lower it to ground level, add track and reset heights to match the original, then raise the unit again.

Annie, I love the sound that your clockwork loco makes and the look of your tinplate coaches, childhood days remembered!

Cheers, Graham
    Member of TCWW and Trainz DE

Enthusiast, not expert.

Annie, I love the sound that your clockwork loco makes and the look of your tinplate coaches, childhood days remembered!
    Thanks Graham, - considering that I knew not a thing about making a sound file when I started I'm a bit amazed at how it turned out myself.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

mine those days was O gauge Tinplate Battery powered diesel and coaches and track I got at 4, was lucky enough even to find someone chucking out more track including points and crossovers, had quite a collection but needed a lot of space to play with and we had a small house.

Tom

Hello from France ,

I stil have the real toy , and if Ican find it in a correct delay, I will post a picture of it...

But the real thing have no crossing of course , it has two cercles animated by the clockwork ... The trains are on two discs under the ground, and the central station helps to maintain the mecanism...

55 years old, ans still working !!! No obsolescence with old things !!!

Have a nice day all , friendly, Marc

Just for anyone who does not know the plan of the DSP&P by Andrew Dodge here is my version

Thumbs up Great looking top view picture

Quote Originally Posted by tdstead View Post
    Just for anyone who does not know the plan of the DSP&P by Andrew Dodge here is my version
    Thank you for posting overhead Map,,,,,Helps me a lot visually.....

Route looks really cool, your so talented, it's not easy for Mountain making by me, and I enjoy seeing how well others do this Craft.......

Update: Your more than welcome Sir, and I'm not familiar with that Flat Mountain Tool, you have my curiosity up now, I'll have to check it out.....Thanks again......
    Last edited by blueodessey; April 22nd, 2021 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Comment added Msg

Blue glad it was help and nice comments, Blue all I do is raise the mountains using the flat mountain tool in normally 10 apart then use the plateau to round it off till I like it. I admit mine are not the best at it but this works for me for Model Railroads, all I can say is do what I did at start make a blank map and have a play and have fun

A quite day in Beckenbridge, a intesting period I have not modeled before the change over from Horses to early Automobiles and trucks and the end of the line to Keystone & Leadville is started, if you look carefully Andrew Dodge is in the Rocking chair watching the Progress, Something I have done a before adding the original Author / Builder to the route

Last edited by tdstead; April 22nd, 2021 at 08:23 PM.

Thought Boreas looked boring so had a look on Craig's site again, found track plan even though it has been changed a lot for a Model Railroad did notice it had some cabins, a section house and a saloon and snow fences in background of station and a depot I did not have, since the engine shed is under construction thought the same for the depot, to me looks a lot better now

UPDATE : had to change turntable as C&S B-4-E's did not fit on the A frame one. now NG36 Turntable 65' 1 track not a A frame one.

Tom
    Last edited by tdstead; April 30th, 2021 at 10:23 PM.

Ok no screen shot this time, just want a opion ... Since I'm finding so much C&S locos and stock including freight cars that renumber, shame the flats don't carry loads though I'm thing I should change the layot name from DSP&P to The South Park Line? witch it was known as and covers all the names it used over its history.

did fix the smoothing problem behind the saloon at Boreas Pass as well.

Please comment, thanks in advance

Tom

United States of America, Colorado, Colorado Springs

Quote Originally Posted by tdstead View Post
    Ok no screen shot this time, just want a opion ... Since I'm finding so much C&S locos and stock including freight cars that renumber, shame the flats don't carry loads though I'm thing I should change the layot name from DSP&P to The South Park Line? witch it was known as and covers all the names it used over its history.

did fix the smoothing problem behind the saloon at Boreas Pass as well.

Please comment, thanks in advance

Tom
    I think the South Park Line sounds fine.
    I7-8700K
    1070Ti
    Z370
    PCIe SSD operation ( build)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by pitkin View Post
    I think the South Park Line sounds fine.
    I found this, might be interesting to read?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver...cific_Railroad

Seen that one member of a couple other pages as well and have 2 PDF's of the layots from magazine articles as well.

Thanks anyway

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    I found this, might be interesting to read?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver...cific_Railroad

Honestly Tom, I think you've been sincere enough to the prototype that you've earned the right to name it whichever you wish. I think the south park line is a good name that might generate some intrigue, while the dsp&p title is very specific. As an example, one of my projects is to model the tillamook branchline during its southern pacific days, sometime in the 70s. However, I wanted to also model the line back when it was still owned by the pacific railroad & navigation company. I have a feeling that one of those titles will be generally known and therefore might generate more interest, while the pr&n might only catch the eye of those who are familiar with it.

Btw that layout turned out really well tom, that wye you modeled looks like the real deal. When you get a chance, take a photo of your loop and post it, would like to see that.
    - Pete

Silly idea maybe, but how about DSP&P South Park Line?
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.