Page 204 of 206 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206 LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3089

Thread: Model Railroadz

Quote Originally Posted by kissfan2012 View Post
    VERY NICLY DONE , IS THIS ROUTE AVAILABLE ON THE DLS??? AMAZING WORK

I am wondering the same thing!!

I think it looks great too, but I understand his apprehension at going foward with a release. It is a really nice route Andrew.

RH01 - Dude you always make such great use of your space. That yardwork is also very nice.

I got inspired by Andrew's post and went looking for a trackplan I could fit onto a single baseboard. I found one in the November 2011 issue of model railroader magazine. Here's a few shots of how its going.

Blog Entries

Vary nice work on this route . Are you going to signal it ?

Matt
    work hard, Play harder

I am, but I'm having some trouble with the signals around the crossovers at the moment. Right now they are the G-style trilights, but I might end up using the proper prr signals instead.

Thank you for the compliment!
    Last edited by Bob_Ross; March 6th, 2020 at 12:23 AM.

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Bob_Ross,
    Yes, very nicely done. I especially like the way you've decked out the harbor with various ships and the barges.

I'd say there is quite a bit of switching potential in the yard.

It's really looking good. Did you adjust the route with additional track/details or bring it straight over? Just curious.

I've been playing around with trying to re-create Railroad K - Berkshire Valley Route - from the Atlas King Size Plan Book of HO Railroads, as this was one I was going to build in HO for my layout. Then real life and lack of space/time/money ended that project.
    I've tried several times to recreate it virtually in TANE/TRS19, but my skill at creating in Surveyor is not all that good yet, so I get frustrated and end up stopping for a while.

Your route looks really nice. Please keep us posted on your progress. The PRR engines fit right in on it.

Heinrich505

Thank you Heinrich!

Yes I have made quite a few changes to the original track plan. I suppose it has been trainzified you might say. The original layout is only 10’x16’, while the layout I made here ended up using most of the whole baseboard which ends up making it roughly 16’x20’ or something like that. I also added a staging room on a second baseboard, staging for the barge traffic, and additional industries around the layout.

I know exactly what you mean about real life getting in the way of model railroading. I’ve always had a hard time getting the funds and space together. That’s what has always made trainz so much fun for me. It lets me do what I never really could. Its great.

I’ve hit burnout on routes as well. I’ve got a lot of derelicts over here that derailed for one reason or another. It is why I got inspired by Andrew’s work. I figured I could finish this one. What helped me getting there was not letting any limitations to the game, the track plan, or my own abilities stop me from finishing. I didn’t use basemapz, but instead just kept working at the general track arrangement until it started to look like what I wanted. And while I did use plenty of rulers, I didn’t let them run the show. The only curve I really measured turned out to be the worst one, which is why it owns a sign called dead man’s curve. And the reason it owns that sign is because I didn’t let it stop me. Instead it gave me a reason to chuck a few sintered boxcars into Rusty’s scrap yard. I imagined the charred husks of boxcars jousted from the rails, the fires from their hazardous contents having finally burned themselves out, being hauled up the side of the hill by a 250 ton crane into the scrap yard. As far as Rusty’s concerned, dead man’s curve is the best easement the PRR ever cut. Its his golden goose.

Like bob ross always said, happy accidents.

Good luck with your route Heinrich and thank you again for the compliments.

United States of America, Michigan, Ann Arbor
    Blog Entries

And now, here I go again, working on my most recent project: A variation on Arnie Hall's HO/HOn3 scale masterpiece, the Belfast & Vinehaven RR. (Also featuring the Portland & Mystic Line.)

Here's the NG spur town of Portland, Mas.

The industrial center at Mount Desert...

The harbor village of Mystic...

...and the dock of Cranberry Cove.

Well, hope you enjoy this little sneak peek! Should be up on the DLS anytime this week! For more information about the B&VH, click here! http://www.horailroad.com/ah/

Bob_Ross,

Regarding space, I try to maximize what I have to use. I really dislike "empty" space on a layout and try to find new things to add to a layout. Pretty much a work in progress. But in the good news section I will be releasing an updated CSX Black Creek Sub shortly. Just in the testing phase now prior to its release. Managed to resolve some signal issue the AI had previously, now all seems good.

Follow my thread in the Freeware section and you can see a lot of changes that have been made since the previous version. This one I can confidently say that "space" is not an issue...I really think its pretty much filled to capacity. My last video shows only some of the details I have added but the freeware forum is pretty much up to date.
    Head RailHead 001 Licence to Detail

Railhead001 looks like your like me thats why I expanded my Narrow gauge railway and why Valley Western ended up so over scaled but must say it did suit train better.

Tom
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 100240

Some more utility work on the CSX Black Creek Sub:

Last edited by Railhead001; March 11th, 2020 at 08:56 PM.

Finally got around to making a non-hi rail reskin of a Team Fishel pickup and usedit for this roadwork scene along with slapping a Team Fishel logo onto the generator:

Updated Sunrise Produce warehouse area:

Last edited by Railhead001; March 15th, 2020 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Railhead001 View Post
    Updated Sunrise Produce warehouse area:
    (snip)
    That road is fantastic! Where could I find it?

Quote Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern88 View Post
    That road is fantastic! Where could I find it?
    The road is called: <kuid:101046:101808> Road 13a Yarn Compatible DES
    RR Xing marking <kuid:200687:111464> FG Road marking RR Xing 01c
    Double solid line <kuid2:200687:120102:1> JR RM Yellow Double Solid

All should be on the DLS or Builtin for TANE

Hello All, Thanks for all the positive feedback!

I've just attempted to upload the route to the DLS so hopefully it will process soon enough. I put a txt file in the content with a complete list of Kuids so hopefully tracking down payware wont be too difficult but I'll be happy to post a list of Kuids here if that's easier. The name is "Southeast Terminal"

Another screenshot:

Bob_Ross, Railhead,
    Very nice work!