Page 172 of 176 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2630

Thread: Model Railroadz

United States of America, Oregon, Hood River

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminw View Post
    Which year GMR is that? Either way I never thought of straight up making bench work in a modeling program. That'd be so much easier for me than making it in trainz, lol.

-Ben (scenic failure)
    GMR 2005. It was featured on the cover. The upper and lower decks were the staging yards. I didn't get very far on the route. ANL

Ah, I missed that issue. Anyway, I'll now have to go and try making baseboards in Blender so I can have cool model railroads. lol
    If I can get trainz to work again, that is!

-Ben

1 Corinthians 10:31

A teaser of my Anaheim Modelleisenbahnverband DE project, something a bit different for you

More pics soon in a seperate thread.

Default Return to the St. Louis Line

Hot Intermodal train MAIL 3 heads out of Avon Yard after working the Indy Trailvan ramp as TV-55 (left) and TV-5 (center) wait their turn to head west across rural Indiana during what is a typical morning occurrence on this area of the railroad.

Amtrak's Indiana Flyer is eastbound at track speed as it heads toward Indianapolis in this shot in Danville, IN. Amtrak did not operate trains over the Conrail St. Louis Line line during the period I'm modeling so I've added this wrinkle for operational variety.

New video as well.

Everyone have a great weekend.

- J
    -John P
    -Google+- -YouTube- -Flickr-

Blog Entries

johnpibbs09 WOW ......Nice work on the route , like to see more of it

euromodeller Again WOW ... Nice work

Matt
    Last edited by Railwoodman; August 12th, 2017 at 03:29 PM.

work hard, Play harder

Progress is being made!

Blog Entries

Again .. I'm WOW'ed . Really liking your shots guys . Thanks for posting

Matt

work hard, Play harder

Default Cilie Oldphartz

I promised I'd do a logging version of the Cilie Oldphartz model railroad. It's nearing completion but still some work to do. Best watched full screen and at 1080p:

Phil

Hi Phil

Once again you are just incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Bob
    Trainz Simulator 12 Build 61338 (not so much) - TANE 90945 - Kuid 80493

Thanks Phil Great
    Asus AMD FX-7600P (2.7-3.6)Ghz Quad, 8gb mem, Radeon R7/R5 2GB ram HD 1TB TS12 61388 & T:ANE 82718 on w10 creative laptop

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anl View Post
    GMR 2005. It was featured on the cover. The upper and lower decks were the staging yards. I didn't get very far on the route. ANL
    If you able release it, I'd be interested. However, given that this is based on an actual model railroad, legal stuff would prevent this model railroadz from ever being available to the rest of the Trainz community. Cajon Pass if one of my favorite mountain passes out west. I have the edition of GMR it was featured in and it's one of many model railroads featured over the years in Model Railroader, Great Model Railroads, and Model Railroad Planning. My favorite passes out west are:
    Donner Pass
    Tehachapi Pass (well, actually Tehachapi Loop)
    Tennessee Pass
    Cumbres Pass

There are several other places out west, but they are not mountain passes.
    Duct tape fixes all problems in Trainz

Legal stuff? I don't think there is anything wrong with using a track plan as reference, you just couldn't upload the track plan itself to the DLS. The layout itself is fine. My own Del Creek layout is closely based on a real track plan. Many Model Trainz layouts use track plans as reference. That's what they were made for.

Cheers,
    TrainzPlayer14
    Last edited by TrainzPlayer14; August 28th, 2017 at 12:34 PM.
    -Riley

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrainzPlayer14 View Post
    Legal stuff? I don't think there is anything wrong with using a track plan as reference, you just couldn't upload the track plan itself to the DLS. The layout itself is fine. My own Del Creek layout is closely based on a real track plan. Many Model Trainz layouts use track plans as reference. That's what they were made for.

Cheers,
    TrainzPlayer14
    I also use track plans, however, I focus on track plans that were not actual model railroads, just track plans. What concerns me about making a route based on an actual model railroad is that if I was to upload the route to the DLS, I would have to contact the owner of the model railroad and ask for his permission to upload a virtual version of his model railroad. Therefore, I stick to track plans found in the numerous track plan books I have to create a model railroadz. It's kinda like reskinning someone else's content, you should ask the original creator of the content you reskinned for permission to release your reskin.
    Duct tape fixes all problems in Trainz

There is a difference between using something as reference and actually reusing it. Using track plans as reference, digital or book is perfectly fine. Reusing something is modifying an original work and publishing it - that you need permission for. Using a published work as reference is fine, like using photos/track plans/diagrams as reference.

Cheers,
    TrainzPLayer14
    -Riley

Some pix of my modded Santa Fe Needles Sub layout....the new intermodal yard: