Model Railroadz

kimo505

c5d11bbcec1e02ef310773f61e4129f1.gif

Well I guess I stirred up a new interest with the community? Lets so how it goes. Post your Trainz model railroad and Have fun.

5c093bb967b8a21ff2f3f557a1ad78b3.jpg

f213e773baa5a426c0ac97d8901b1dba.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Kimo and great idea to start this thread off so thank you very much mate. Although you will have to wait till you upload a route built like this so i can work out how you made it to contribute to the thread LOL.
Cheers Mick.

Southern Pacific Vert-a-Pak train on my 1 base board Railfanning Module route:
8c0c21af624a7f30a23bf5dd0c0a61da.jpg

enjoy,
hert:wave:

Just getting my eye in and yes the table is a bit rough looking but i reckon i can improve.
Cheers Mick.:)

Thats a start Mick, whats the kuid for the Brick Wall?

Anyone know how to make it look like its on a Stand and like a Baseboard for a model railway?

Last edited:
Huge Brick Wall by oknotsen <kuid:645812:97925> I can see myself making a heap of other accessories for this new idea now LOL.
Cheers Mick.

Cheers Mick, haha yeah! the way kimo has presented it looks way cool, certainly brings a different perspective to trainz.

David

I love this concept, kimo! Can't wait to see what other people can come up with!

cae3ae1bfc3c0034448a7a23167901f0.jpg

1dc4cda751f62db229475dad9f0c9bea.jpg

no floor yet :p

Nice work TheRock.

How do you get the edge of the board to look textured?
Whats the best way to start a track, I see its elevated is it from 0.00?

Cheers
David

I'm finding the easiest way to go about this is to leave all the track and groundwork at 0, then dropping the floor to -40m +- however much. A good way to handle corners / rounds is kimo's approach as seen in this post #1249229

c5d11bbcec1e02ef310773f61e4129f1.gif

Well I guess I stirred up a new interest with the community? Lets so how it goes. Post your model railroad, dioramas, kit-bashes, test routes, small routes or scrapped projects. Have fun.

(Screens removed)

I'll work on releasing that other layout this weekend, I wanna pick through it first.

Hallo Kimo,

yes, you did :)
I guess people are quite interested in this concept because a lot of us originally started with a brass railway in our childhood and some of us may continued with it even later on.

But even in virtual reality such a concept also has advantages. It allows reaching nice looking results much faster. Due to the fact that only a small stripe of land needs to be decorated, route creation goes much faster and the route creator can pay nearly all of his attention in detail creation to the terrain near the tracks.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
Your’s TUME

Back