Model Railroadz

I made a model layout a few weeks ago, off of Andy Sperandeo's San Jacinto trackplan, but I moved the setting to eastern PA and called it the Penn Mountain Railway.
Staging yard:
OuXnqmd.png

Klauston Plastics:
cbNs9AE.png

Wercek, PA:
311aN4O.png

Penn Mountain Junction industrial park:
Wyc8GAo.png

Fort Freedom, PA (yard, transload track, and engine facilities)
PF8tgLC.png

The industries are as follows:
Klauston Plastics in Wercek
Acme Brick in Wercek
Excursion Station in Wercek
Matthews Bakery in Penn Mountain Jct.
Railroad-operated team/transload track in Fort Freedom
MoW unloading/loading area in Fort Freedom
Excursion train unloading/loading area (on the pit track) in Fort Freedom
If anyone wants this route I'll put it on the DLS, just let me know.

Last edited:
I'll get it up soon, here's more pics of another route I made. This one is just a display route designed for Polish or other European rolling stock, although the landscape is more of a fictional combination of Eastern European and tropical scenery. At least that's what I intended it to be.
On one side is the coal-mining town, with some houses and apartments near the coal tipple.
iV8HZ5K.png

On the other is a port scene with a police station, a grain silo, a container-loading area, and a small coal wharf.
gvbiWyL.png

And lastly, both of the scenes connected.
dMYfLly.png

I can upload this one as well, or maybe I could send it to someone who likes building small display layouts or dioramas and they could build another, and they could forward it again until we have a whole hall of small layouts?

Some more updates to my Modified version of the Pioneer & Freedom layout.....got the ATLS crossing system working along with the Yarnish 3 way stop lights....

Above: I settled on making a cement plant for this sides main industry..

Above: The Yarnish road system with a working (blinking) 3 way stop signal and an ATLS crossing signal ...

A couple of vids showing the above and a quick trip around the layout:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsqkvQoVuQkbE4bpHwNZsww

Last edited:
I made a model layout a few weeks ago, off of Andy Sperandeo's San Jacinto trackplan, but I moved the setting to eastern PA and called it the Penn Mountain Railway.

This one is just a display route designed for Polish or other European rolling stock.

I can upload this one as well, or maybe I could send it to someone who likes building small display layouts or dioramas and they could build another, and they could forward it again until we have a whole hall of small layouts?

Very interesting display's you got there. Short and simple and with a lot to look at, at the same time. I always like those kind's of layouts. Keep up the good work.:D

i want to sent you a pm, but your box is full....
i like small routes .. to watch and to play .... and to change some things ...
some times i make my own routes but i hesitate to show it here ... by the high performance of this thread ....
in the meantime i let inspire me by all the nice and awsome ideas of this beautiful thread ...
so, keep on inspiring me, guys ... some day i find the courage to show mine creations ...

daveric

Finished the building for the Coal unloader side of my modified version of the Pioneer & Freedom layout and found this little gem to complete the scene:

How cool to come across this gas station / convenience store set ????

Hi,

Meow Railroad Your PM is full. I tried to PM you but am unable as you PM box is full. I like your model Layouts and if possible would like a copy please.

Thank you.

Ray

Cilie Oldphartz Railroad

Continued on from my Post #2519 on the previous page:

I manged some good progress this afternoon. I did all the texturing and added the vegetation. And made a video of a very fast lap around the layout. It takes about 7 minutes at Warp Factor 3. At a more realistic speed it takes about 5 or 6 times longer, so it's a fair run.

I still have to do some checking, the usual adjustments, documentation, screen shotz, ... . If I can grab some time I might be able to get it up on the Download Station towards the end of this week. Sessions will follow.

Watch full screen / 1080p:

Phil

I absolutely love what you have going on below the table! The drapes with the flooring is quite different from other layouts I have seen, and far less distracting too.

Conrail St. Louis Line: Avon Yard

A lot of good stuff in this thread the last few weeks. It's good to see this topic maintains it's momentum.

I'm working on a drone style video for the Avon "Big Four" Yard area of my HO Conrail St. Louis Line route. Below are a few stills from the initial footage.

-J

Conrail Intermodal train TV-5 on the approach to Avon Yard with the Indy Skyline in the background.

Train entering the control point called 'MY Cabin' on the east side of the yard

General shot of the yard looking east from the middle of the classification area.

Conrail automotive train BNST enters the yard at the control point called 'CP-AN' on the yard's west side (To STL)

@benjaminw: those are actually just scenery items. I've added them in and around the locomotive shop and servicing area to simulate the blue flag protection flashers and lights typically found on the prototype.

Just completed the walls and ceiling for my Modified Pioneer & Freedom..............just need to add a hanging cloth around the fascia and throw in some minor details before its finished.

Staging yard:
OuXnqmd.png

Klauston Plastics:
cbNs9AE.png

Wercek, PA:
311aN4O.png

Penn Mountain Junction industrial park:
Wyc8GAo.png

Fort Freedom, PA (yard, transload track, and engine facilities)
PF8tgLC.png

The industries are as follows:
Klauston Plastics in Wercek
Acme Brick in Wercek
Excursion Station in Wercek
Matthews Bakery in Penn Mountain Jct.
Railroad-operated team/transload track in Fort Freedom
MoW unloading/loading area in Fort Freedom
Excursion train unloading/loading area (on the pit track) in Fort Freedom

Great little layout there! That looks like a lot of fun...
Do put it on the DLS please.

Cheers,
Dreadnought1

And finally figured out how to add the fascia cloth...below the Modded Pioneer & Freedom Layout !!! Some minor scene detailing and it will be up on the DLS for those who want take her for a spin around the block:

Back