Model Railroadz

Just amazing the track work alone is unbelievable, you are a MOM (master of modeling).
Thanks for all you have shared with us you are extremely talented.
I swear the model railroad elves come in at night and do some of the work for you.

:clap:

Here's something new...a finished project. This is only part of it though, but this section is finished at least.

[FONT=&quot]
oV491vH.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
GuCvxMv.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
qITjKEe.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
3FiInWF.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
1Gy7FAe.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
gXCvDE1.jpg
[/FONT]

Not bad looking at all, detail looks very solid. A suggestion: you can use the fascia without the curtain to hide the wall in your tunnel portals and give them a much nicer look. Just food for thought.

That would be it yeah. Always thought it gave a nice shadow effect in addition to covering up anything behind the portal that you don't want to be seen.

Nah. They keep my frames from dipping too low (and these ones by Toxa_Batoxa are seasonal to boot). I've used mcguirel's M:URST SpeedTrees in the past, but i like the look of these billboards more. Also, considering my processor is kinda subpar, i'd rather sacrifice a tiny bit of detail for better framerates, even more so because of all the grass splines and objects i used. Personally, i've found they mesh really well with the greater amount of detail one can put into a model railroad as compared to a full-scale route.

I used to use Pofig's SpeedTrees in TS12, but since some bright spark at N3V decided the thousands of SpeedTrees made before T:ANE weren't good enough for their "flashy" "new" simulator, i can't use them now. His were the best SpeedTrees around, no doubt. Sucks that every time i want to use a TS12 route in T:ANE< i gotta replace the SpeedTrees, but that's a topic for a different thread.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Nah. They keep my frames from dipping too low (and these ones by Toxa_Batoxa are seasonal to boot). I've used mcguirel's M:URST SpeedTrees in the past, but i like the look of these billboards more. Also, considering my processor is kinda subpar, i'd rather sacrifice a tiny bit of detail for better framerates, even more so because of all the grass splines and objects i used. Personally, i've found they mesh really well with the greater amount of detail one can put into a model railroad as compared to a full-scale route.

I used to use Pofig's SpeedTrees in TS12, but since some bright spark at N3V decided the thousands of SpeedTrees made before T:ANE weren't good enough for their "flashy" "new" simulator, i can't use them now. His were the best SpeedTrees around, no doubt. Sucks that every time i want to use a TS12 route in T:ANE< i gotta replace the SpeedTrees, but that's a topic for a different thread.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Try out rmm's speedtrees. They give me some of the best framerates on my computer. Then again, the computer I have TANE on was a Christmas gift from my sister that was designed to handle TMR17 and TANE. Also, if you go the DLS and compare the 'size' of mcguirel's UltraTreez and rmm's speedtrees, you'll see that all mcguirel's UltraTreez are over 1MB and rmm's speedtrees are less than 1MB.

EDIT: Just remembered. Like pofig, rmm's speedtrees have Russian names, so here's a thread that translates their Russian name to English.
Link: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?122875-Speedtrees-by-rmm-English-translations&highlight=speedtrees

Last edited:
I've tried his. If you look closely, all the clusters of leaves on most of his trees are the same shape, and they rotate with the camera, giving the illusion that there's lots of leaves. I dunno, it's hard to explain, but i don't like it; it's too noticeable to me. If Pofig's were the same way, i never noticed.

I've tried his. If you look closely, all the clusters of leaves on most of his trees are the same shape, and they rotate with the camera, giving the illusion that there's lots of leaves. I dunno, it's hard to explain, but i don't like it; it's too noticeable to me. If Pofig's were the same way, i never noticed.

I didn't notice that. But what bothered me about them was that the green on the trees are different shades of green, instead of one shade of green, and that was what made me decide to not use them.

I didn't notice that. But what bothered me about them was that the green on the trees are different shades of green, instead of one shade of green, and that was what made me decide to not use them.

Funny, that's why I like them.....back east you see different shades of green as the seasons go through their paces as well as the colored leaves. Oh well to each his own as they say

Afternoon drop

Below: A pair of SD40-2s are using the wye at Freedom Lumber to change directions to place a cut of BNSF Greenbrier-Gunderson 5188cf 3-bay hoppers at the ADM grain elevator.

swZ0o69.jpg

Below: Soon the locos will be able to couple the opposite end of the covered hoppers
freZHkj.jpg

ZPiiOfl.jpg

Loading the hoppers.....these models are from RR Mods and if you look closely you will not only see the hatches open but some cars are filled with grain:
EofHZHz.jpg

Below: After the 8 cars are filled they are placed on the siding awaiting to be delivered to the Cargill food processing plant.
Sxqh6dB.jpg

Below: We see the 2 locos now returning back to the mixed freight to continue it's workorders:

nFgFSMu.jpg

NNlWIi3.jpg

lGHFcVM.jpg

HEEeQqH.jpg

aBwlx9D.jpg

Last edited:
If i may, i'd suggest rotating your ground textures as you place them down, which can be done by holding either of the two bracket ("[ or ]") keys. It prevents the textures from looking like patterns, for the most part, and just generally looks better.

Just some touch ups: Added some new semi cabs, each one slightly different:

ndCyabI.jpg

HBRst88.jpg

Next cleaned up some areas. Made the tracks blend in more into the ground:

Ob3GXlX.jpg

Also added a fence with some shrubs to the lumberyard and lowered the tracks into the ground to be more even..
1FpKY28.jpg

9EJgkTS.jpg

Long story short: I accidently created a TANE version of my Pioneer eXpanded that I had thought would be an issue but as you see below came out fine..........
RIe0lUn.jpg

Iq5sT86.jpg

Tyt0tS7.jpg

sADcHVm.jpg

NJrp8VJ.jpg

FbCLTHl.jpg

hqv6U3u.jpg

J4nWMl4.jpg

eMD7QgR.jpg

Last edited:
Back