Model Railroadz

Just for anyone who does not know the plan of the DSP&P by Andrew Dodge here is my version
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Great looking top view picture

Just for anyone who does not know the plan of the DSP&P by Andrew Dodge here is my version

Thank you for posting overhead Map,,,,,Helps me a lot visually.....:cool:

Route looks really cool, your so talented, it's not easy for Mountain making by me, and I enjoy seeing how well others do this Craft.......;)

Update: Your more than welcome Sir, and I'm not familiar with that Flat Mountain Tool, you have my curiosity up now, I'll have to check it out.....Thanks again......

Last edited:
Blue glad it was help and nice comments, Blue all I do is raise the mountains using the flat mountain tool in normally 10 apart then use the plateau to round it off till I like it. I admit mine are not the best at it but this works for me for Model Railroads, all I can say is do what I did at start make a blank map and have a play and have fun

A quite day in Beckenbridge, a intesting period I have not modeled before the change over from Horses to early Automobiles and trucks and the end of the line to Keystone & Leadville is started, if you look carefully Andrew Dodge is in the Rocking chair watching the Progress, Something I have done a before adding the original Author / Builder to the route

Last edited:
Thought Boreas looked boring so had a look on Craig's site again, found track plan even though it has been changed a lot for a Model Railroad did notice it had some cabins, a section house and a saloon and snow fences in background of station and a depot I did not have, since the engine shed is under construction thought the same for the depot, to me looks a lot better now

UPDATE : had to change turntable as C&S B-4-E's did not fit on the A frame one. now NG36 Turntable 65' 1 track not a A frame one.

Tom

Last edited:
Ok no screen shot this time, just want a opion ... Since I'm finding so much C&S locos and stock including freight cars that renumber, shame the flats don't carry loads though I'm thing I should change the layot name from DSP&P to The South Park Line? witch it was known as and covers all the names it used over its history.

did fix the smoothing problem behind the saloon at Boreas Pass as well.

Please comment, thanks in advance

Tom

Ok no screen shot this time, just want a opion ... Since I'm finding so much C&S locos and stock including freight cars that renumber, shame the flats don't carry loads though I'm thing I should change the layot name from DSP&P to The South Park Line? witch it was known as and covers all the names it used over its history.

did fix the smoothing problem behind the saloon at Boreas Pass as well.

Please comment, thanks in advance

Tom

I think the South Park Line sounds fine.

Honestly Tom, I think you've been sincere enough to the prototype that you've earned the right to name it whichever you wish. I think the south park line is a good name that might generate some intrigue, while the dsp&p title is very specific. As an example, one of my projects is to model the tillamook branchline during its southern pacific days, sometime in the 70s. However, I wanted to also model the line back when it was still owned by the pacific railroad & navigation company. I have a feeling that one of those titles will be generally known and therefore might generate more interest, while the pr&n might only catch the eye of those who are familiar with it.

Btw that layout turned out really well tom, that wye you modeled looks like the real deal. When you get a chance, take a photo of your loop and post it, would like to see that.

. . . .

Actually forester that's perfect. Sounds better put together

Alright Tom the ball's in your court :)

edit- been awhile since I've posted anything, here's a few shots of my newest tangent, this one's based on a track plan of the cascade pacific as built by the Corvallis society of model engineers, a modeling group out of Oregon. From the article it says they had to tear it down around 2011 and start another layout at a new location (I think).

Room 1.

Room 2.

Paper Mill's Chemistry Set

Last edited:
Bob thanks for the nice comments, only layed the tracks where told from original plan i brought in with basemaps but did straighten the 3 yard lines leading to the Y as i thought they looked odd specially the platform line after photo

Here is the loop don't really like the portals but the CO ones the mountain behind flares up and to the sides and ends up way too big for the space , thanks for saying you wanted a pic reminded me I had to go back and add Pond weeds and scum, not sure if its enough at moment.

Tom

Last edited:
G'day All,

I just wanted to give a shout out to an excellent model route which has been put on the dls recently. It's <kuid:669208:100370> MRR North Texas Belt Line (Model Version) Final Version, by Dhall_Liberator. I haven't seen a thread or mention of it anywhere so far, so apologies if this is a double up.

This is a huge, great quality layout which is very nicely detailed . In particular (for me at least) the added bonus is that he has also provided some very useful sessions to go with it. Two multiplayer ones (which aren't of much use to me), plus a Single player session which is populated with lots of quality assets distributed around the route. This is something which I very much appreciate.

Below are a few screen shots of the route with the single player session assets as they are at the start of the session.

And this is the description by the author from the dls;

Description:
Welcome to the North Texas Belt Line! This is a digital model of the creator's n scale garage layout, and is created in order to be operated with multiplayer sessions as the physical model is. There is an accompanying Multiplayer session. This is now a completed route. The route has three main yards, five
staging yards, and 8 different towns you can switch cars in. The layout is designed to be used with JMRI to forward cars. The layout is a point to point layout with an ability to run trains around as well. There are 18 unique trains you can run, and there are over 570 cars on the layout. Please email htdevhelpcenter@gmail.com for inquiries. No reuploading or modifiying on the DLS is allowed without Dhall_liberator's permission. You may modify locally and enjoy as much as you like. Make sure to download the multiplayer session as well! If you would like to participate in the single player operations using JMRI, or the multiplayer sessions with the group operators, please email at htdevhelpcenter@gmail.com.

I didn't have any missing assets after downloading both the route and sessions, although there may be a couple of items from JR freeware? When I listed the "not on dls" items, most were either base, built-in or payware.

I want to thank Dhall_Liberator for making such a great quality route and sessions and sharing it with the rest of us.

Cheers,
Piere.

This is an amazing Route........Has a lot of possibilities......Just downloaded it today...........:mop:

Haven't played with it yet..........But from the pictures on this Thread and what I see....It looks awesome, and is very well intuitively designed......Well Done Sir........:p

I'll post some Pictures on this Message when I can........;)

Thank you for creating this Route......:wave:

=========================================================
UPDATE: <kuid:669208:100371> NTB Continuous Multiplayer Ops Session Version 3.5

You'll need to this Session to load the 570 Cars and Loco's Etc.......If you download the Route, it does not have any Rolling Stock on it..........Or add your own....? ;)

:Y:Again the Creator has done a magnificent job here of staging and setting up all the Consist and individual freight thru ought the Route in this Multiplayer Session......:clap::clap:

Last edited:
Tom - Thanks for posting your loop. I liked it so much, I think I'm going to try and recreate something similar for a section of my own route. How'd the pond scum go btw?

Piere - That was really cool of you to give Dhali_Liberator an honorable bump, and to D_L, that is an outstanding route! Super creative way to do staging too, love that staging cassette as well.

HaselFelix - That is beautiful. Very easy on the eyes. The blend between the woods and farmland looks very natural. The fascia looks amazing too!

As for me, still punching away at this thing. Eventually, I'll get there.

Hope you all are well, talk to you all again soon!

Bob Ross ok used the ones that Approach Medium uses, also altered water colour, glad Im giving you helpful ideas

Tom

Thank you for the fascia source Felix!

Glad to hear it went well Tom. AP is a great source for inspiration/resources.

Still trying to knock this out, one peninsula at a time, about 50% done with the first room now. Hopefully room 2 goes faster, we'll see!

Back