need help fixing broken assets please

saf75

hi guys can anyone tell me how to fix this please

michaelwhiteley <kuid:141830:14>

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
Error: Texture 'moden_tram_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'moden_tram_body\moden_tram_body.im', material 'original*hash-20\kuid 141830 14\moden_tram_body**icetram56_body*416324D4*gum*m.reflect'.
Error: Texture 'moden_tram_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'moden_tram_body\moden_tram_body.im', material 'original*hash-20\kuid 141830 14\moden_tram_body**icetram56_body*3EDA58F3*yello*m.reflect'.
Error: Texture 'moden_tram_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'moden_tram_body\moden_tram_body.im', material 'original*hash-20\kuid 141830 14\moden_tram_body**icetram56_body*79A4381C*window*m.reflect'.
Error: Texture 'moden_tram_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'moden_tram_body\moden_tram_body.im', material 'original*hash-20\kuid 141830 14\moden_tram_body**icetram56_body*7690F732*window_dark*m.reflect'.
Error: Texture 'moden_tram_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'moden_tram_body\moden_tram_body.im', material 'original*hash-20\kuid 141830 14\moden_tram_body**icetram56_body*A046F311*lpfront*m.onetex'.
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
Warning: The texture 'moden_tram_body/black.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'moden_tram_body/yellowrb.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'moden_tram_shadow/black.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'category-region' in 'traincar'.
Error: Attachment point 28 (a.sitpoint1ar) in 'queues\passengers\attachment-points' was not found.

iceman2117 <kuid:164988:6007>

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
Error: Texture 'icetram56_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'icetram56_body\icetram56_body.im', material 'original*hash-9a\kuid 164988 6007\icetram56_body**icetram56_body*416324D4*gum*m.reflect'.
Error: Texture 'icetram56_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'icetram56_body\icetram56_body.im', material 'original*hash-9a\kuid 164988 6007\icetram56_body**icetram56_body*3EDA58F3*yello*m.reflect'.
Error: Texture 'icetram56_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'icetram56_body\icetram56_body.im', material 'original*hash-9a\kuid 164988 6007\icetram56_body**icetram56_body*79A4381C*window*m.reflect'.
Error: Texture 'icetram56_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'icetram56_body\icetram56_body.im', material 'original*hash-9a\kuid 164988 6007\icetram56_body**icetram56_body*7690F732*window_dark*m.reflect'.
Error: Texture 'icetram56_body/env_metal.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'icetram56_body\icetram56_body.im', material 'original*hash-9a\kuid 164988 6007\icetram56_body**icetram56_body*A046F311*lpfront*m.onetex'.
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
Warning: The texture 'icetram56_body/black.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'icetram56_shadow/black.tga' is a uniform color.
Error: Attachment point 28 (a.sitpoint1ar) in 'queues\passengers\attachment-points' was not found.

thanks
scot

Hi Scot,

These aren't as difficult as they appear, and usually fixing one instance of the texture in a model will fix them all because they are both referencing the same source (pointing to the same place).

I suggest you download PEV's tools which you can download from Shane Turner's web site here:

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/

Install the whole suite, especially PM2IM and TEXT2TGA as these are very helpful here.

Follow the on-screen prompts when setting them up.

The texture errors can be caused by either the texture being totally missing, or is referenced incorrectly in the mesh. PEV's Tools won't fix the missing texture, but they can repair the texture references and sometimes the texture its self.

and

are easily repaired by opening up the asset in Content Manager for editing in Explorer. (Right click on the faulty asset and choose this option. Use notepad to edit the config.txt file and search and delete the referenced lines. Save and close the config.txt file. The process takes about 20-seconds if that.

I hope this helps you get going. Take this one step at a time and you'll realize you can conquer the world after this. :)

Post any more questions we're here to help you.

John

hi john,

I've downloaded the whole PEV suite as you suggested.
i've removed the Error: Attachment point 28 (a.sitpoint1ar) in 'queues\passengers\attachment-points' was not found. (yep that was easy :))
not quite sure how to fix the textures tho, could you run through what i've got to do to fix these please.
what do i do about the trainz build number? I tried changing it to 2.9 in the config file but that just created more problems
:eek:

Error: Tag 'name' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
Error: Tag 'asset-filename' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
Error: Tag 'region' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
Error: The Tag 'thumbnail' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.
Warning: Required container 'bogeys' is missing.
Error: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'category-class' in 'traincar'.

Can i assume that if i can cure this one then i can do it with anything? :D

Thanks john
Scot

Hi Scot,

Yup. You'll be able to do this with anything afterwards. It's like taking a few baby steps... ;)

For the texture errors, open up the asset for editing in Explorer just as before, and the open the mesh up with PM2IM. Set the options to save the IM as the same name, and then follow the onscreen instructions. This will fix any "slot" issue with the textures. Sometimes too the texture may be compressed and it should not be. To fix this, use Gimp or some other photo-editing program such as Paint.net to resave the texture as an uncompressed TGA file. The option is usually to uncheck the RLE compression option checkbox.

The errors with the tag names, etc., require you to edit the config.txt file again. You can delete these tags as they are no longer needed. It is recommended though that you do create a thumbnail container. The format for that is this:

thumbnails
{
{
image "$SCREENSHOT$.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}

Just make your $SCREENSHOT$.JPG a jpg file of the same size and name as shown here. You can call it whatever you want as long as you specify the name in the container and is the 240 x 180 size.

You're getting there and hopefully having some fun too. :)

John

put thumbnails thing in (does it matter where it goes?) & all i get now is this

Error: Required tag 'kind' is not present. Ensure this is a valid config file.

i've already changed the build number to 2.9 :confused:

put thumbnails thing in (does it matter where it goes?) & all i get now is this

Error: Required tag 'kind' is not present. Ensure this is a valid config file.

i've already changed the build number to 2.9 :confused:

No need to change the build number. Changing that can lead to more errors which I can explain at another time.

The Kind error, which isn't so kind, (lol) is caused by a missing } at the bottom just below the one you added. Check your syntax of the your thumbnails container. I found this out the hard way a few times. :)

The thumbnail image goes into the root-folder of the asset where the config.txt file is located.

John

fixed everythig but the textures
Warning: The texture 'moden_tram_body/black.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'moden_tram_body/yellowrb.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'moden_tram_shadow/black.tga' is a uniform color.

what do I do about these?

tyvm john your a star :D

It's easier to launch it via Content Manager. Right-click the asset in Content Manager, then select Open With, then select Images2TGA.

Shane

oops :eek: thanks shane, thats sorted :D

catch now is i got 0 errors 0 warnings but it still says its faulty & wont let me place any :'(
what do i do now? :eek:

How do i fix this?

Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'carpark.texture'.

OK - that should hopefully have cleared the red ! in that case. If it has, it's what's known as a false positive - marking an asset as faulty when it's not actually faulty.

Shane

Back