A note for Paulztrainz

AntonyVW

Just a quick message Paul. Every time I try to click on www.paulztrainz.myenet.info I get chrome throwing a wobbly telling me that the site contains malware. It has just prevented me from viewing a thread on this forum (thread called 'Melbourne') for this reason. Its probably just Chrome playing up but I thought Id draw it to your attention.

Antony

I get a Malware warning for Paulz Trainz in Firefox as well. I've not gotten anything on the Forums though.

Kieran.

As far as I can tell it is perfectly safe. I've been doing business with Paul for a long while and if there were any malware on his site it is so incompetently crafted it is incapable of infecting anything.:hehe: Paul has indicated he is aware of it and working on getting rid of the warning.

Bernie

It's a known issue. It's something to do with Google's Safesearch feature.

Shane

Safe Search has nothing to do with malware or infected sites. That is another part of the Google empire which blackballs websites. Here is what Safe Search is:
[h=3]Google SafeSearch[/h] SafeSearch is designed to screen sites that contain sexually explicit content and remove them from your search results. While no filter is 100% accurate, SafeSearch helps you avoid content you may prefer not to see or would rather your children did not stumble across.
By default, Moderate SafeSearch is turned on, which helps keep explicit images out of your search results. If you prefer, you can change your setting to Strict filtering to help filter out explicit text as well as images.

William

If that's the case, it must be the Safe Browsing feature, however my Advanced SystemCare software also reported a problem with the site.

Shane

As far as I can tell it is perfectly safe. I've been doing business with Paul for a long while and if there were any malware on his site it is so incompetently crafted it is incapable of infecting anything.:hehe: Paul has indicated he is aware of it and working on getting rid of the warning.

Bernie

Im glad to hear that. I was fairly sure it was to do with google but I wanted to be sure.

If that's the case, it must be the Safe Browsing feature, however my Advanced SystemCare software also reported a problem with the site.

Shane

It's not a feature that the end user can turn on or off. It is the result of Google crawling a site and finding code it considers to be malware or dangerous to site vistors. Google then flags the site in a database that most browsers and AV software check before allowing the site to be displayed. Here is a link that explains how to deal with your site being listed.
http://www.unmaskparasites.com/malware-warning-guide/

William

here http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=+www.paulztrainz.myenet.info

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[h=2]Safe Browsing[/h][h=3]Diagnostic page for paulztrainz.myenet.info[/h]
What is the current listing status for paulztrainz.myenet.info?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 6 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 142 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-01-07, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-12-11.Malicious software includes 18 scripting exploit(s).
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS30496 (COLO4).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, paulztrainz.myenet.info did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 1 domain(s), including yahoo.co.jp/.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
Next steps:

hi Guys

After extensive checking, double checking and triple checking by both me, my web-host and my sites web-manager, there are no extra bits in there, malware or otherwise.

The problem is over zealous Google reporting, where a (person) can repport the site as problematic just to be a pain. The site is thence reported as bad for a period of several months. Just a nasty kid maybe !!

Site is safe, get several orders a day from the site without problems.

Remember, the Forums had similar problems, and NV3/Auran too took site down and reloaded from backups, skipping several days of posts.

Last edited:
To add my own experience to this thread; just now I received a warning from my Emsisoft Anit-Malware that the paulztrainz site contained nasties. So, whatever was there is still there apparently. As far as I can tell, Emsisoft does not communicate with Google in any way so this warning has to be coming from somewhere else.

The site maybe okay, but it was blacklisted at one time and this hasn't been removed from the database. The problem is once a site is blacklisted, this information gets replicated to other blacklists, some of which are not maintained, and this causes further reports which puts this process in circles.

Here's a link to one of Google's partners with information on how to clean up a reported website.

https://www.stopbadware.org/blacklisted-by-google

The issue is now there's a new market, I mean way to make money off of the web. A quick google search/bing search regarding this issue showed many companies offering tools and services to remove a reported website from the database.

This issue is also common with mail servers as well and there are various reporting agencies and organizations to support the mail servers. Here's one of the look-up services for mail servers with the results for my email server. http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/krpartners.com.html

The individually listed providers then maintain their own lists, some of which don't get cleaned up immediately after a server was cleared. I ran into this issue last year where our previous host had been blocked due to some idiot blocking a whole IP address range instead of a single mail host. This caused us havoc, and cost my brother a week in business, as we scrambled to get this unlocked. We reported to several blocking agencies that we were clean with some making the immediate update, which takes 24-48 hours to replicate so immediate isn't so immediate as it says, while others didn't respond. There was one that wanted to charge us $500 to remove the address from its blacklist and didn't guarantee if it would do it or not!

Anyway, this is frustrating for everyone and I wish Paul a lot of luck in cleaning up this mess.

John

hi Guys

After extensive checking, double checking and triple checking by both me, my web-host and my sites web-manager, there are no extra bits in there, malware or otherwise.

The problem is over zealous Google reporting, where a (person) can repport the site as problematic just to be a pain. The site is thence reported as bad for a period of several months. Just a nasty kid maybe !!

Site is safe, get several orders a day from the site without problems.

Remember, the Forums had similar problems, and NV3/Auran too took site down and reloaded from backups, skipping several days of posts.

Paul - I would suggest that you use the Google Webmaster Tools (details are at https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/163633?rd=1) and get Google to review the site.

Shane

hi Guys

Upon re-checking, there was a problem with another site listed under the Streamliners section (was maintained by a 3rd party). The Streamliners section had been removed and all references to it deleted.

It seems that Google (or whoever) follows links to other sites, and if they are suspect, reports this site as suspect too.

What a crazy way of doing things. Logically one should only list site as suspect for any content on that site, not linked sites too !!!

Coincidentally, 4 of the links in the Streamliner section was to NV3/Auran DLS !!!

Thanks for the suggestions, I will re-check with these but site is now clean (after removing links)

I have requested Google Review of site (again) so hopefully in 24 hours they will remove the warnings

Back