How to change smoke & lights to red on steam engines in Trainz?

TVRM4501

I am trying to change the smoke & light settings to the color red on a steam engine. I need help with this, please! I can post pics of the locomotive if needed.

For red smoke, the following info will help you:

The color tag is written with four digits ranging from 0 to 255. The first is the amount of red, the second is green and the third is blue, which is why these values are almost always the same (10,10,10,255 etc). The fourth is the transparency.

So to get red smoke, use 100,0,0,255 or tweak that to your liking.

Kieran.

Use Edit in Explorer, find and open the the config file then look for the smoke containers smoke0 or more likely smoke1, then make the changes given above or play around with the smoke and colour numbers. Don't touch the content creator plus. Its for experts. Cheers

Last edited:
Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong but to change the light colour to red you need to change to a red corona. In the same file listed above (the config file) you should see an entry for a white corona (assuming that is what the current colour is). As far as I know you just need to change the kuid of that corona to the one for a red corona which you should be able to find on the DLS.

Oh and as no one has mentioned it so far - you should clone the asset you want to change - just in case you mess up :)

I'm going to try
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]KUID2:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]<KUID2:68787:1595:1>[/FONT]
for the red headlight. Or should I use a different Kuid?

there is no corona for the asset im doing. im using k&l trainz's frisco 1522, and i changed the smoke to red, but not the headlight :(
Are you sure K&L Trainz allows their content to be modified like that? I mean, I wouldn't dream of modifying or reskinning payware.

For red smoke, the following info will help you:

The color tag is written with four digits ranging from 0 to 255. The first is the amount of red, the second is green and the third is blue, which is why these values are almost always the same (10,10,10,255 etc). The fourth is the transparency.

So to get red smoke, use 100,0,0,255 or tweak that to your liking.

Kieran.

I used your tip, and it worked. I cloned a Clinchfield 311 model from the DLS to make my own Demon 311. But in my own case, I bumped up the red part to 300 (300,0,0,255). However, this is what I got for my final product with the smoke fading from red to pink to white as it was leaving the engine.

That's not exactly what I was aiming for, but it's in good progress. I'm trying to make it "all-red," or "full-red," like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYXeqmsZFUY

Back