Re-releasing edited content

TheRichMan

Meh-Tra
Can anyone provide me with some information regarding re-releasing content that was changed/edited?
First of all, the content I changed was an F40PH off of the download station that I re skinned, as well as changing the bogeys, hornsound, and enginesound.
I'm pretty sure that there's a low chance I can put this onto the DLS after editing it, but I would like to learn what the guidelines are to doing so.

I'm guessing that the enginesound & hornsound have to be of my own content or someone else's that are uploaded to the DLS.

The bogeys I am not so sure about. Do I have to get permission to use them on a locomotive I am releasing onto the DLS?

I know for the actual locomotive I reskinned that I must ask permission to re release it, but what if they do not answer?

I apologize for the large amount of questions, but I thought it would be better to ask them all at once.

Also, here's a picture:
trainz2014-01-1118-36-33-03_zps7d4a3f4e.png

Hello,

You need to obtain permission from the creator of the locomotive itself, because you reskinned it and aliased different dependencies and now wish to release it. If they do not answer, then there are two things. The first is to read the license. If the creator says specifically that permission to release modifications does not need to be explicitly obtained, then you're free to upload the modified loco. If there's no license or it states that you need to ask, and you get no reply, then you cannot redistribute the modified loco.

You do not need to ask for permission to use dependencies such as horns and bogeys. Imagine if you were building a route and had to ask to use every single building, tree and texture in it! :hehe:

Kieran.

Back