A4 (Mallard) Engine Idea for Trainz 12

Buddieboy

I don't know if I have posted this in the right place but here's the idea;

Have a base model of the A4's made with no modifications and then make and script the modifications so they can be turned on and off, off = not there, on = there and changing the performance of the engine, then script the Nameplates & Numbering so people can select the A4 they're driving from one drop-down list (e.g. Mallard, Sir Nigel Gresley, etc.) and then a particular year to apply the correct livery & modifications from another drop-down list.

What do you think? :)

I get your request for a new A4, but why bother with all the scripting when it makes it take a heavier toll on performance and the scripting becomes more difficult. Why not just get different versions of the A4 AS different assets? The nameplates can be done via auto numbering and is rather simple script wise (I think)

All these liveries and versions are loaded when placed on the map, regardless of which is visible/shown and thus performance can take a hit, especially with the detail I assume you're hoping for

A Project like this would likely be payware, and would take A LOT of research and time spent in a modelling program.
By the way, people who post extravagant requests like this are usually branded as gimme pigs by the major audience of the forum.

Last edited:
Not saying I want it

I get your request for a new A4, but why bother with all the scripting when it makes it take a heavier toll on performance and the scripting becomes more difficult. Why not just get different versions of the A4 AS different assets? The nameplates can be done via auto numbering and is rather simple script wise (I think)

All these liveries and versions are loaded when placed on the map, regardless of which is visible/shown and thus performance can take a hit, especially with the detail I assume you're hoping for

A Project like this would likely be payware, and would take A LOT of research and time spent in a modelling program.
By the way, people who post extravagant requests like this are usually branded as gimme pigs by the major audience of the forum.
I'm not saying I want it, I'm just wondering what others think of the idea. And if it was ever made I understood that it would likely be payware.

Sometime last year, with the Mallard 75 events in the Uk beginning at the time, it was suggested on this forum (not by me) that it might be a good time for a UK content creator to do a new version of the A4s designed to TS10/12 standards, as the present versions were built for 04/06.

Just out of interest, did anyone ever take that task on? I can't remember what the general response was like.

I don't want in any way to sound like a gimme pig but I the standard of the content being released is incredibly high at present and I imagine that a quality A4 would go down a storm, even as payware.

The main problem I can see is that the uptake for a payware model would likely be so small as to not cover a fraction of the development cost.....

Judging by your amazing N2, I think I know who might be the right man for the job........................

Mick Berg:D

Sorry Mick, I think you're thinking of Rob Hill, aka lielestosbrat.

I am certainly no content builder and in no way could I possibly be given credit for the N2.

Back