Thank you everyone!(Who helped!)

SuperSpeedMaglev

Wonderfully Old Fashioned
Well, Trainz is back to normal thanks to you guys who helped me. :) Thank you.

If not for you I'd be complaining again!

Most of my content seems ok, but a real treat came, some Content that didn't work now does!

And you started a new thread for a Thank You ?

You could have searched for your old thread, and tagged it onto your existing thread.

The fun of keeping the forum bandwidth down to a minimum ... If everyone posted a thread: "Test Post" the forum bandwidth would be double its size.

It's like people posting millions of redundant boring videos on YouTube: "Here's my baby, eating a cracker, in the high chair"

I look at it this way...he's at least appreciative of the help people gave him and felt the need to thank them. You don't see that too much these days...... +5 points for you maglev guy...

Thanks for the thanks ;-)

Many forum members will try to help anyone who asks, doesn't always have a happy ending though.
It's good of you to let everyone know that their suggestions were useful.
Glad you had success,
Colin

No thanks!

And you started a new thread for a Thank You ?

You could have searched for your old thread, and tagged it onto your existing thread.
I agree that it's probably best to tag thanks to the appropriate thread where specific answers have successfully been given.

However, this thread does give an opportunity to highlight a growing trend where individuals ask question, get answers, then fail to bother to respond. Maybe it's the excitement of a problem being solved, or an appropriate asset being found, and re-immersion onto Trainz which distracts them from responding. Alternatively it may just be bad manners.

Bad manners aside, it's always good to know that a solution has been found, and what it is. It serves to help the whole community.

A lot of work can often go into supplying an answer, particularly if additional research and bespoke screenshots are constructed as guidance. Expertise and knowledge won't be shared if people don't have the good grace to respond.

I find there is less incentive to bother too much these days.:(

The fun of keeping the forum bandwidth down to a minimum ... If everyone posted a thread: "Test Post" the forum bandwidth would be double its size.

It's like people posting millions of redundant boring videos on YouTube: "Here's my baby, eating a cracker, in the high chair"

I would imagine there must be tons of wastage in the screenshots on this forum not of course mentioning the don't reply to this thread (which I also added to of course over a period of time:))

A few thank yous on the forum as a seperate thread, if much help was given is neither here or there in the scheme of things.
About a microgram of waste compared to say thousands of 'digital tons' of screenshots.

Happy Sailing. B

P.S. What weight is a digital virtual ton in electrons ? Answers on seperate threads of course:)

Last edited:
Back