Quick Question for the Quick Answer to DRM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingConrail76

Chris (WindWalkr),

Directed to the 4th and 5th Bullet Points:

Quote"

* TANE will be available in DRM (digital download) and non-DRM (boxed copy) versions- much like TS12 is also available in Steam and Simulator Central versions.

* If you are using the non-DRM version of TANE, you may opt to use our DRM payware by activating the DRM system, or you may opt to avoid such. It remains your choice, and you can change your mind at any time.

"end Quote

If one buys a Boxed version of T:ANE, and Opts-Out of DRM, can older DLC items purchased PRIOR TO the change made with TS12-SP1 (and auto-download/install) still be installed from original downloaded files, and used, in T:ANE?

--In other words, Can I install and use the older DLC payware that I bought and downloaded prior to TS12-SP1, in the "Opted-OUT" boxed version of T:ANE, WITHOUT "Opting-IN" to DRM?

Assets I am talking about, that I have "installers" downloaded for:
-Blue Comet
-PRR Fleet of Modernization
-Aero Train
-D38 "Schnable car"
-Settle and Carlise
-Murchison2
-Classic Carbon City
-JR Norfolk Southern Heritage Mega pack (bought through SimCentral)

Mods/Admin...feel free to Lock this thread after Chris or Tony answer...it is not my intent or purpose to start or have a debate on DRM.

What is this ... a THIRD DRM thread ?
Why do we need to start a THIRD DRM thread ?
When 2nd DRM thread, was ONE too many about the topic of DRM ?

What is this ... a THIRD DRM thread ?
Why do we need to start a THIRD DRM thread ?
When 2nd DRM thread, was ONE too many about the topic of DRM ?

THIS IS NOT A DRM THREAD!

It is a Thread with a Question to Chris (WindWalkr), about Older DLC Content usability in the new T:ANE product, and under what circumstances it will or will not be useable.

Please keep the flames away.

If one buys a Boxed version of T:ANE, and Opts-Out of DRM, can older DLC items purchased PRIOR TO the change made with TS12-SP1 (and auto-download/install) still be installed from original downloaded files, and used, in T:ANE?

If you have source copies of the content in question (ie. as suitable for packaging into CDP, or installing into any modern build of Trainz) then it would be expected that you can install those into TANE with little or no manual effort.

TANE will not support the Jet Archive (JA) file format, so content which is only available in that format will not work with TANE.
chris

Update by Tony: Remember that older style DLC (JA) will work with the older version of Trainz you had when you bought the DLC. Upgrading Trainz versions is a choice not a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back