Lone Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonyVW

My grandson and I having watched the train chase scene in Lone Ranger thought it might be fun to "recreate" the scene. So for those who create and/or use the USA stock, I was wondering if someone can tell me what locos, coaches and wagons were used? And secondly can anyone suggest which assets best match if they are available please? I don't suppose the area has already been produced as a route has it? Not to worried if it's not. I can let the imagination run and see what I come up with.
Anyway thanks in advance for any suggestions.

This is great stuff. Look for Virginia and Truckee locomotives. They are the older engines with the big stacks, being older content you might have to fix them though. For passenger cars, there are some old 35-foot older-style Central Pacific passenger cars and boxcars. I think all is available on the DLS or built-in. Pencil42 (Curtis) made some awesome track and there are a ton of older Wild West-old fashioned buildings by HobbyMan and others.

John

I've always wondered if the train scenes were real or not. The equipment looked correct for the area and timeframe. Anyone know one way or the other?

Ben

I've always wondered if the train scenes were real or not. The equipment looked correct for the area and timeframe. Anyone know one way or the other?

Ben
The locomotives were represented by actual, life-sized props, but there was also quite a lot of CGI coming into play. If you ask me, the locomotives were still too modern for what was being portrayed - then again the movie was set a little later than the historical event that was depicted actually took place.

There were a lot of technicalities that barred my enjoyment of some of the film - like the scenes where people would push the regulator in to make the train go forwards and pull it out to make it go backwards. :n:

Here's a picture of the prop locomotive used to portray the Central Pacific's 'Jupiter' in the film:

the_jupiter_by_therailfaningboy-d82h1pg.jpg

For the time period depicted I think the addition of a Westinghouse air brake (you can see the pump on the side of the locomotive) is a mistake.

Oops I seem to have strayed from pure facts and turned this post into a mini-rant. Sorry. :eek:

Kieran.

The locomotives were represented by actual, life-sized props, but there was also quite a lot of CGI coming into play. If you ask me, the locomotives were still too modern for what was being portrayed - then again the movie was set a little later than the historical event that was depicted actually took place.

There were a lot of technicalities that barred my enjoyment of some of the film - like the scenes where people would push the regulator in to make the train go forwards and pull it out to make it go backwards. :n:

Here's a picture of the prop locomotive used to portray the Central Pacific's 'Jupiter' in the film:

----

For the time period depicted I think the addition of a Westinghouse air brake (you can see the pump on the side of the locomotive) is a mistake.

Oops I seem to have strayed from pure facts and turned this post into a mini-rant. Sorry. :eek:

Kieran.

You picked up on that stuff too! That always bugs me about movies then I can't enjoy them.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back