Needed: Tutorial for creating custom comprehensive TRS2012 Driver Sessions

Footnote: When all else fails read the instructions. Missed those in the description field for the session. Was able to find the BNSF GP38-2 locomotives in the freeware section of the Jointed Rail site. Looked all the other sites for the SP SD40R locomotive but with no luck. Do you have a link for it?

BTW I downloaded the 33x68 inch North American roller bearing trucks (bogies) - KUID2: <KUID2:45681:50001:1> from the DLS and substituted these for the ones originally shown in the woodchip cars which moved these rolling stock items from RED to YELLOW. I noticed these bogies are also built-in to TRS2012 as 33x68 inch North American roller bearing trucks(bogies), <kuid2:45681:50001:2>. There are also several other similar bogies of that same size also shown as built-in that could be used as substitutes.

I was able to get the session to run but haven't tested yet beyond seeing the beginning. It would be interesting to see what would happen if a track change were made in a later version of the route when a session based on a earlier version is run. With so many routes I can't remember if I made track changes in version 3 or 4. Your original session I believe was based on version 2....

Last edited:
I was able to get the session to run but haven't tested yet beyond seeing the beginning. It would be interesting to see what would happen if a track change were made in a later version of the route when a session based on a earlier version is run. With so many routes I can't remember if I made track changes in version 3 or 4. Your original session I believe was based on version 2....

If you only replaced tracks with other type, the session should run on the latest version. Sometimes, however, the "Replace Assets" tool wreaks havoc with trackside objects (signals, speedboards, etc...) and this may prevent proper running of the session.

If you changed the layout of tracks in the newest version, it is likely that the session will look for something that has been moved, deleted or renamed, so there is a significant chance it will not run properly.

RacerTodd said:
If you download the route and session you can see it work. The session does need a lot of 3rd party assets, though. The session may start without all of the 3rd party stuff installed, never tried that so I don't know if the session would even open.

I downloaded the route and session, but I'm still hunting a few missing kuids for the session. I look forward to running the session, but first I want to be sure that everything it requires is present and faultless.

Was able to find the BNSF GP38-2 locomotives in the freeware section of the Jointed Rail site. Looked all the other sites for the SP SD40R locomotive but with no luck. Do you have a link for it?

The name of the SP SD40R loco (45324:100001) was changed when it was obsoleted by kuid2:45324:100001:2 and is now named BNSF GP38-2. If you have kuid2:45324:100001:2 (the BNSF GP-38 pack from JR) on your system, just delete 45324:100001 and it won't show up in the faulty section of Content Manager. If you find kuid2:45324:100001:2 in CM, highlight and select "View Asset Versions" and you'll see the three versions of the loco and the change in name.

Todd

I am curious how a session for an out-of-date route version can still run as I haven't seen this before.....

I think changes in scenery, buildings, ground textures, etc won't affect anything. You changed most of the trees in one version and the session still ran.

I'd guess it'd be major changes in track layout, names of junctions and such that would cause a session to not work correctly IF the session referenced those assets. For example, if you changed the name of a junction from 123 to 1234 and no rule in the session referenced that junction, the session would run fine. If a rule did reference that junction, the name change would either cause an error or that rule would just never run. If you completely changed the track layout at an industry that the player or AI trains never run over - the session wouldn't even care.

I made the session in version :1 of your route. I ran the session after each new version to verify that you didn't change anything that would affect the route. One version introduced a crazy dighole in the middle of the tracks by the coal plant. The session ran fine, I just had to drive around the hole. That was corrected in a later version. I deliberately ran the session beginning to end after version :4 was released and the session ran as intended.

Todd

Back