ZecRail Trainz Content

vr-commodities-06.jpg

Another addition to the commodities set. Although not the most common thing for a T van to carry (general goods), I did start it for the T vans (and other vans). It's a new timber crate load that I've been working on. Each crate, or stack of crates, is 4ft x 4ft x 4ft. I'm going to play around a little more with the textures, especially on the two larger crates. I'm thinking that I can now make a few stacks using the parts in the existing stacks to create a decent 'selection' of meshes :)

I am going to also make a few loads that consist entirely of fruit crates. This will involve several individual loads for different types of fruit, as well as a 'generic' version with all of them in it. Since they are quite small, I think they'll be in small stacks, rather than actual individual crates.

Regards
Zec

At this stage, I have no idea. It only covers a single number (DD582 was the only 'type 2' DD to run as a D1; the others either being scrapped or modified with superheaters by that time). I threw this one together to give the whistle a bit of a test, and to have something a little different to drive :)

The whistle itself is the fantastic work of Steve Lerro of K&L Trainz, taken from a friends video :)

Regards
Zec

Interesting, and a quick question from me, as to the whistle in the locomotive (the lever inside the cab) is it possible to add a different sound to the whistle, for example the first position of the whistle of off, the second is that lower note, and the third is the high note that the whistles usually play, just a question as I think it would be really cool

When is the D1 being released?

The D1/D2 code didn't get applied to them till about 1929, in the 1926 Loads of Goods trains book they where all going around as DD, the interesting thing is the Superheaters had a white square painted on the cab side indicating they where superheaters, even the DDE didn't become D4 till after 1929.

Cheers.

I have thought about such a system Aidyn, however it would have to be scripted, and I currently don't see a way to 'transition' the sounds (so it'll just pop from one to the next; or possibly play both at once).

Regards
Zec

vr-v-class-46.jpg

Finally made a little more progress on my VR V class (V499) model today :) Still a heap more to do though! :)

Zec

vr-v-class-51.jpg

Have almost finished the modelling for the exterior model :) Still a few bits to add, and a couple of adjustments, and I can then make a start on mapping this beastie! :)

vr-v-class-52.jpg

Also a quick render showing the 'outside' model's cab, which includes a relatively detailed model of the cab, made necessary by the very large windows!

Aidyn, quite a bit. However, thankfully, Baldwin locos were quite similar. The NA class at Puffing Billy shares a LOT of similarities, including in the cab :) Plus the drawings show a lot of the info I need on this one, and most of the controls are pretty logical on where they go. There's also a fairly set standard on what will be present, since most steam locos are pretty similar :)

Regards
Zec

vr-v-class-55.jpg

vr-v-class-56.jpg

I am pleased to say that the modelling is now finished for the V class (V499) mesh. :) This includes a heap of pipework that has been added in, along with a fair few refinements to various parts.

Now comes the fun part, mapping the textures! lol Then I can start getting it into Trainz...

Zec

Cant wait for its completion! What whistle will it have? That usual peanut whistle or something different?

I'm not entirely sure at this stage. The loco is fitted with a 'peanut' type whistle, but it's believe that they were a very high pitch one. I will probably end up doing a recording of G42 at Puffing Billy for it (the existing peanut whistle recording was actually G41's whistle on a small industrial boiler; running at relatively low pressure lol ).

Regards
Zec

Hi All
A slight change of pace this week. So as to try to get my previous DLC packs fully working in TANE, I have had to do some updates. So far, this has involved an update to my I wagon pack, which has a few errors. At the same time, I'm taking the opportunity to fix some other issues, some of which I plan/hope to do (if I get the time), are a small improvement to the LOD, and fixing the paint on the pre 1958 I wagons (these should be a red/brown colour, not the bright red/orange I used), fixing the scripts to provide full brake hose support (among a few other features), and use the new auto numbering system in TANE. At this stage, the updates will only apply for TANE, since they will take advantage of some new features (and bring them on par with all new content). I might be able to look into an update for the wagons to provide the fixed liveries for previous versions, but I can't promise anything for this at this stage unfortunately.

One of the reasons for making the update for TANE is the auto numbering system that TANE includes, which supports number ranges. This will allow me to provide a 'full' set of numbers on appropriate versions (rather than the current max of 70 numbers that I used). So now you would be able to run more than 70 I wagons on a route, and not have duplicates from the automatic numbering :)

TANE%202015-11-25%2013-55-06-73.jpg

This screenshot shows the 'full' set of I wagons in TANE. This includes the two that are included as part of the Healesville route (2 closest to camera), which may also be updated shortly :) The red one, 3rd back, is still having the textures tweaked as I'm still trying to get the right look for a freshly painted pre 1958 wagon in the earlier freight wagon red/brown :)

Regards
Zec

Hi Aidyn, and all :)

Nothing further on the D1, simply too many other projects on the go. One of which should see release this week if all goes well!

Beyond that, unannounced, item... Well, I've been spending what time I can working on mapping the V class (that's a long slow job there!), working on the LOD for the T vans, and over the last couple of days I've come back to working on my procedural tracks! :)

Having finally found a 'work around' for the issues with odd sleeper spacing (as in, intentionally odd sleeper spacing wasn't working properly, resulting in unintentionally odder sleeper spacing!), I've returned to trying to make them look, and hopefully perform, better!

Almost all of it is now based on photo textures, and hopefully I will be able to complete the photo set tomorrow afternoon to complete these textures :)

Some screenshots of the current results...

vr-procedural-track-02.jpg

vr-procedural-track-03.jpg

Regards
Zec

Hi Zec,

I was running your VR DD T2 WW1 Red C BG 1 - 584 in TANE SP1 and I noticed that in driver if you are following the loco from the outside and you zoom out more than one mouse wheel turn the locos main wheels stop turning. Also the Tender wheels stop turning as well.

Further testing revealed that the VR DD T2 Tan wheels stop turning as well.

Sorry for this bug report. I tried searching for the loco here on the forums, but the search engine only allows 4 letter words.

I also have TANE build 78667 installed and your locos work well. No Wheel issues.

Regards

Last edited:
Hi Axe
Thank you for the reminder. I have just about completed an update for these, which will hopefully be ready to send to N3V next week, depending on how testing of them goes. :) Just need to make sure everything is working properly.

I've actually taken advantage of this, and added a few little improvements and new features to these. This includes a super low detail LOD (under 100 triangles for the loco, and for the tender), the new brake sounds from the M class, and improved smoke effects.

In the mean time, I have also been working away on the V class, specifically texture mapping the loco body mesh. This model is extremely detailed, and is really pushing my mapping abilities! I'm quite pleased with how it's coming out now, the Baldwin livery is definitely growing on me :)

vr-v-class-64.jpg

Regards
Zec

Hi Aidyn, and all :)

Nothing further on the D1, simply too many other projects on the go. One of which should see release this week if all goes well!

Beyond that, unannounced, item... Well, I've been spending what time I can working on mapping the V class (that's a long slow job there!), working on the LOD for the T vans, and over the last couple of days I've come back to working on my procedural tracks! :)

Having finally found a 'work around' for the issues with odd sleeper spacing (as in, intentionally odd sleeper spacing wasn't working properly, resulting in unintentionally odder sleeper spacing!), I've returned to trying to make them look, and hopefully perform, better!

Almost all of it is now based on photo textures, and hopefully I will be able to complete the photo set tomorrow afternoon to complete these textures :)

Some screenshots of the current results...

Regards
Zec

Nice looking track, Zec, although maybe the sleepers look just a bit too shiny?

Also the slip crossing to the left of the first picture seems to be missing something?!:eek:

R3

Back