Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ZecRail Trainz Content

Default ZecRail Trainz Content

Hi All
    I figured, since my screenshots end up scattered from one end of the forums to the other, I'd try a single thread for everything. A bit easier than a regular blog IMO, and more conducive to discussion I think

This thread will cover work in progress projects that will end up both payware and freeware. If I'm already planning how something will be released, I'll try and include it in the post title.

I'll probably also cross-post a little, generally to either the GMax/3DSMax renders thread or the Aussie Screenshots thread.

To kick things off, my current work in progress. A Baldwin/Victorian Railways V class, based on V499 as it entered service in 1900 (I plan to do other variants later on). These will be a payware release.

Regards
    Zec

ZecRail Freelance D1s, Victorian Railways Type 4 DD and Type 4 D1s, and more also available.

Zecrail freeware DLS Content
    All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

Bout time you got this going Zec, Great idea and off to a great start mate well done, That Render reminds me of the Resin Military Scale Models i like it.
    Cheers Mick.

Good luck my friend!

One of my many side projects, an 'F' Horsebox, based on numbers 25-36.

Not sure if this will become part of a payware pack, or be released as freeware at this stage.

Zec

ZecRail Freelance D1s, Victorian Railways Type 4 DD and Type 4 D1s, and more also available.

Have finished 'mapping' all the exterior meshes for the F Horsebox. I'm still tinkering with the layout a little, but everything is now mapped at least

Once I'm happy with the layout, I can map the interior (this goes to a separate texture, so as to allow for lighting) and then start painting, baking, and exporting

Zec

Zec, what do you use for modelling?
    This is impossible to do with current hardware. - People not running current hardware.

Blog Entries

3DSMax and Magic. Very impressive combination

Indeed.....
    This is impossible to do with current hardware. - People not running current hardware.

Hi John
    I am using 3DSMax 2008 for most of my content.

Regards

Hi All
    I have been working on a few other little projects over the past week or so. These are nice quick little projects to keep going with when I don't have quite as much time to spend creating

The first is a VR Gang Shed/Toolshed, which is pretty much finished already (I will look into a weathered version though)

The second, which was started last night, is a VR 'C' type water column. Still a few more details to add, then on to texturing and so on.

Zec

Hi All
    I have pretty much finished the water column, except for LOD Very pleased with how this one has turned out!

Here's a view of it, being used to refill the tender of DD 560 at Healesville.

Zec

thats some superfine modeling skills Zec,I see animated water as well nice touch!!

Thanks Kingstonflyer, I'm very pleased with how it's turned out

Another 'little' project I've been working on is a new set of 'finescale' tracks, which have different weight rail (60lb/yard, 80lb/yard, and likely a 100lb/yard track). So far, I have modeled 60lb and 80lb tracks, with my focus now being on the 80lb versions. As part of this, I have decided to have a go at 'proper' embankment and cutting splines, so as to have semi-accurate embankment and cutting profiles, based on VR drawings. I have got a basic version of the embankment track in-game, with before and after shots below.

Before (without embankment): http://www.zecrail.com/files/vr-trac...40124_0000.jpg

After (with embankment): http://www.zecrail.com/files/vr-trac...40124_0001.jpg

It's not perfect, but I think it looks a lot better than my old track set which had the embankment formed by ballast! I will tinker a bit more over time, but I am quite happy with it so far

Regards
    Zec

Hi All
    This one is a 'VicTrainz' project, but I'll include it here as it's another project I'm working on lol

I've spent tonight building an updated timber trestle bridge kit based around Jerker's original VR bridge kit. It has received a few upgrades, and changes, to make it a bit more prototypical. This is a somewhat larger project due to further variants being created as well.

Current progress has the 20ft span's deck and abutment created, as well as the first set of piers

Regards
    Zec

Hi All

I have now completed mapping for the deck and abutment. Apart from making it a 'grey' colour, all timber work is done Have started adding in bolts/etc on.

Zec