Jointed Rail dependency items that are on the DLS are messing up some things

pdkoester

DoubleYouPea & Espee fan!
Is it possible for someone in Jointed Rail's support, or NV3, to explain how to fix the following:

The issue is the original version (":1") had to be reinstalled and I thought it fixed everything, but version (":2") is still a problem and since it is now built in (on the DLS) it will not delete, commit, or revert. How can I delete it and reinstall it, or just get rid of it? I can live with the (":1") version easily.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. This is affecting all the C40-8 units that use this, CNW, CN, (mine) and probably CSX/NS ones.

Paul

Okay, that is cured, I did another QDR, but this problem now remains:

How the heck did my purchase from Jointed Rail become "built-in" and now does not show up in the Railyard or in Surveyor when I try to create a session and add this to a consist? This is very frustrating, to say the least. I need to know how to get this back to normal. Thanks in advance,

Paul

Did you happen to buy any JR DLC content from Simulator Central?

Shane

I will check, I don't believe so, and I know for sure this one is not from Simulator Central. I'll check now.

Paul

Well, looking on simulatorcentral site, I did purchase THIS ONE and a couple of others from there in the past:

Chicago & North Western - C40-8
Serial Number: No Serial Number Needed
File Status Remaining Downloads
C40-8 - CNWAvailable9

However, why would this not work now?

It was the CN C40-8 that was direct from Jointed Rail, oh my gosh, confusion...

Paul

Last edited:
If it originally downloaded itself in-game and you are using TS12 SP1,then it's not going to work properly at the moment due to the server problems which also affect DLC content.

Shane

If it originally downloaded itself in-game and you are using TS12 SP1,then it's not going to work properly at the moment due to the server problems which also affect DLC content.

Shane

I think the "server problem" may extend to my past purchases, also. It is no longer showing my SERIAL NUMBER for TS12, which is obviously to the right of my name! Oh, more confusion. I can get proof from Paypal of all my purchases, if needed.

Paul

Here's my proof of purchase, it was on sale at the time...

[h=1]Transaction Details[/h]
pixel.gif

pixel.gif

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
Shopping Cart Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #1VC54244D2325661U)
Shopping Cart Contents

QtyItemOptionsPrice
1Trainz Simulator 12 - Digital
Item # TDD041
$12.48 AUD
1Trainz DLC: Blue Comet
Item # TDD029
$4.98 AUD
Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Oct 1, 2012Payment To N3V GAMES PTY LTD Completed ...-$17.46 AUD

Good grief people...RELAX!

There is no need to post all kinds of screen shots of your N3V purchase history...there is a PROBLEM with the N3V DRM Server...there is nothing you can do about it until the folks at N3V decide to return from Vacation.

FWIW, I never updated to SP1 w/ DRM protection, and my TS12 and all DLC is working just fine....so I guess everyone who said I was paranoid can just do without for a while.

Paul,
I would delete all deps for it and go to JR and download the deps from there. I am not sure the DLS is downloading the correct ones, however the JR site does have the correct ones. http://jointedrail.com/index.php/dependencies/locomotive-dependencies/locomotive-dependencies.html
If that doesn't work, I'd contact JR for the correct trucks or contact NV3.
I already tried, but the one locomotive shows as built in now, and will not delete. It has something locking that way since yesterday. Thanks for the suggestions, still appreciate your feedback.

Paul

I would consider installing the CNW again then. I would contact JR to see if they can send you the specific unit. When prompted, click overwrite it. Should open it for edit. I would try seeing what it does from there...........

I would consider installing the CNW again then. I would contact JR to see if they can send you the specific unit. When prompted, click overwrite it. Should open it for edit. I would try seeing what it does from there...........

I "spoke" with them (Mike and Kevin) with Skype and email, trying to fix it. I also tried what you suggested here, too, yesterday. I backed it all up for now, the "local" folder under "Userdata", and moved it all. Uninstalled, now installed again. I'm going to see if this fixes it. If so, I'll reply with update in here. If not, I will have to be more patient and wait like everyone else for the DLS/NV3/Auran server issues to subside before doing anything else. Thanks for the advice Enzo, I do appreciate it.

Paul

Well, I got it installed again, and the CNW C40-8 is back, hurray. However, these are not:

CONTZ Pack - Standard Edition
CONTZ Pack - Standard Edition SetupAvailable9
BNSF Railway - EMD SD70MAC - Heritage
Burlington Northern Railroad - SD70MAC H2 SetupAvailable9
Union Pacific Pack
UP PackAvailableUnlimited
EMD SD70 ACe - UP Heritage SP
EMD SD70 ACe - UP Heritage SPAvailableUnlimited
Trainz DLC: PRR T1 - A Fleet of Modernism
Serial Number: ATRZ-Q296-K3AG-MK4N-NSTX-KR9T
PRR T1 DLC InstallerAvailable9
EMD SD70 ACe - UP Heritage WP
EMD SD70 ACe - UP Heritage WPAvailableUnlimited

I submitted this, hope it helps fix it:

View Ticket: #YPZ-638-63609
Account
pdkoester and pkoester accounts need to be combined please

Created: 01 January 2014 04:00 AM Updated: 01 January 2014 04:00 AM
Was Your Issue Resolved

Overall Satisfaction

DEPARTMENT
Account

ticketpropertiesdivider.png

OWNER
Unassigned

TYPE
Support

STATUS
Open Awaiting Reply Closed

PRIORITY
Normal Medium High Urgent Emergency Critical

Message Details

Upload File(s) [ Add File
]

pdkoester
User

Posted on: 01 January 2014 04:00 AM

Hello,

I have been having confusion and problems with my account problems. I originally signed up with the name pkoester. However, I had later signed up with pdkoester, which at that point I didn't realize the original pkoester account was already created. Could you please help me to get the two combined to the pdkoester account? It will eliminate all confusion and problems I am having with them. I thank you in advance.

Paul Koester

Username: pdkoester
User ID: 155914

Good grief people...RELAX!

There is no need to post all kinds of screen shots of your N3V purchase history...there is a PROBLEM with the N3V DRM Server...there is nothing you can do about it until the folks at N3V decide to return from Vacation.

FWIW, I never updated to SP1 w/ DRM protection, and my TS12 and all DLC is working just fine....so I guess everyone who said I was paranoid can just do without for a while.

Lol, yeah, I'm laughing my behind off at all the folks who backed DRM or who didn't think it would be a problem. It's sad, but really funny at the same time, too. And, this event is only a small example of what can and regularly does happen with DRMed products.

Okay, I think all is returned to normal, except something not Jointed Rail related. Good grief...

GoodGrief.jpg

Back