Adjusting volume question

Firefighterdan

343 NEVER FORGET
Is there a way to adjust the volume on the compressor to be much louder on JR locomotives. If you watch this video, near the end you can hear the Dash 9's air compressor start running. I would love it if it was that loud. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you, Danny

If you have audacity you can try using the amplify tool, if it won't let the sound go any higher then you may have to quiet down the engine a tad (same tool in audacity).

I had a discussion about loud sounds being too loud, drowning out the quiet sounds ... and quiet sounds being way to quiet ... and how to turn up, or turn down, their volume ... And I would think that the wav file would need to be opened in an external sound editing program ... and essentually be re-recorded, turning up, or turning down, the volume ... and then replacing the original wav sound files, with your custom edited sound files ... Of course you would always be working with clones of the wav file and clones of the asset, and not experimenting on the original asset.

What is a good, very simple sound editing program, one that is extremely easy for beginners, to turn wav file sound volumes up, or down ?

I looked in the train effects library, and the only .wav files there are couple, and uncouple. I will try engine sound next. Thanks for helping guys! :wave:

I found the .wav sounds for the compressor, looks like they are built in. Made a clone of that, used Audacity to make the sound louder, and added the cloned Kuid to the locomotive config file. The loco shows no faults or warnings, but will not show up in the sim. :confused: Any thoughts as to where I went wrong?

LOL....I was placing the Kuid in the wrong spot. :confused: The compressor is audible now, just not as loud as I want. So back to Audacity to crank it up a bit more. Thanks for the help everyone, I could not have done it with out you! :wave:

Back