USA Pics (electric)

mmm early betas

pqpG1aj.png

aQq6tDd.png

EZD1SHD.gif

Cheers,
SM

Hello David,

thank you very much for your compliment. It is nice to see you are around here again.
Yes, I already did some more. If the texture is usable to create an update I will do so. But sometimes the original texture file is just too small and the building would appear quite blurred. In those cases I need to create seasonal replacements by using my own textures within a new mesh but keeping the outside dimensions and a similar appearance.
In other cases I used my own textures and new meshes to add an basement onto the buildings and stairs in front of the doors to make the house usable at sloped ground. Just like at my replacement creation four your Chicago Brownstone Houses. I copied out several parts of your original texture and created some more for various versions of those buildings. I implemented these texture parts into a large common texture used by more than 300 assets right now via texture library technique. Also I created a normal map to support a better 3d appearance of the stones :)
May be you recognise your Chicago Brownstone Houses "inside" my replacements in the screens below.

20538818788_2b62213a59_o.jpg

20700564026_e5372e3d89_o.jpg

I still have to create replacements for the tall building at the right corner. But there I also will have to use my own mesh and texture as I want to create real 3d oriels. Therefore a new mesh will be required but I will keep the outside dimensiones of the original building.

20871004556_6a69fa061d_o.jpg

These theree buildings along the elevated Railway also bases on some of your creations David. The original building is among the Chinatown Series and I also kept the outside dimensiones of these original assets. All the building you can see here uses the same 2048x2048 texture. Of course this loweres the level of uniqueness of these buildings. But it is a good compromice to save on PC Power and to support a good performance - especially as there are hunderts of buildings in this route.

Have a nice weekend.
Your's TUME

PS: The screens just indicates the summer appearence but all buildings als supports snowy winter appearence.

Last edited:
All of my stuff is unrealeased. Lego and a few others are beta testing for me. Hopefully soon I will be releasing the cats in a NEC mega pack along with NH Catenary, Amtrak Metroliner, Metro North M2s and M1s, NJT Arrow III and Multilevels, SEPTA Silverliner IV and III, and a few other undetermined things. Heres where you can find pics of some of my creations if you are interested. :)http://www.trainz.net/index.php/topic/32-my-content-wip/

Back