USA Pics (electric)

Hello,

hallo interesting information about the croc :)

here some screens about the Municipal Transit Railway update process.

19912112818_0cf9fc08fb_o.jpg

19479209883_3a9a07b4e2_o.jpg

Your’s TUME

Wowsers! Looking awfully good there TUME! (back in the late 60's, early 70's I had a VW bus and traveled the country)

Hello,

that’s nice to see that my stuff recalls nice memories. This must have been a nice time for you back then.
“Now are the good old days you'll be longing for in ten years time.” (Sir Peter Ustinov)

If you want to use it for your own route creations, just search in the T:ANE surveyor scenery object list for “VW” keywords may in connection with my username “TUME”. There should be seven of these VW busses. You should find four ordinary busses in red, yellow, blue and green – always together with a white colored upper part. And also there are three buses in “Flower Power” scheme :)

Your’s TUME

By the way TUME, I think you should add a few branches of elevated subway from the main loop to make it more realistic and add more short-turn trolley loops around the system to give streetcars more flexibility.

Hallo,

just some new screens containing new building replacements for my Municipal Transit Railway.

20331001361_d56116509f_o.jpg

20298720356_554861b366_o.jpg

20324971945_0022f6f04b_o.jpg

19702316284_be168e9239_o.jpg

Your's TUME

Nice work TUME. Quick question. Are there going to be Ny added new sections of line on this route or will the track layout stay the same?

Thanks Matt, well - still I did not decide about any extensions at that route.
I will decide that if I finished the replacement process to reach full seasonal support.
But I probably will add some more streetcar lines.

These cars at the screens are static but I already created some for automated traffic also. All cars are available within T:ANE exclusively. My seasonal Avery-Drexel-Route inside T:ANE uses a region to led these automated seasonal traffic cars running at Interstate 90.

Your's TUME

Last edited:
@Tume
Are those Buildings in your photos yours? And are they available for Download/Use? Id be curious to see them in game. I'm worried about their scale being a little large, but that might just be persceptive. If their scale is fine though, those will be a great addition to available city assets.

-Falcus

Hello,

may be its the perspective. Every floor is about 3.750 Meters high - just a common height. If you would have a look into the Municipal-Transit-Railway in your TS12 you will find the same buildings - but in its previous version (without normal maps and 3d fire stairs). But the dimensiones ar exactly the same for the new buildings.

Yes - all these buildings are my creations and all of it will be available in a bundle within a rewokred Municipal-Transit-Railway for T:ANE.
The route also contains a lot of dmdrake assets. Furtunately he gave me the permission to update his assets for seasonal support - so I will be able to bring some of his still nice looking buildings into TAME as well including seasonal Support.

Your's TUME

Last edited:
After struggling for quite awhile I've decided that importing the TS12 version into TANE is beyond me. There are a few splines that just won't cooperate. Since your updated version is obviously much better I'll wait for it. Do you plan to release it as payware?

And also there are three buses in “Flower Power” scheme

Duuuuuuuude, that's like . . . totally aweeeesome! It's also all about the peace and love for Trainz dude! Now I've got to get on eBay and find me a pet rock.

(Trying to connect to my inner Hippie, dude)

Last edited:
Hey - that sounds funny. Back the time I created the VW-T1-Busses, I thought there must be some "Hippie-Cars" as well.

I saw it just as a nice addon. But it is nice to see that people seems to enjoy quite much about it. You are not the first person who wrote me in this way, but I am happy about such positive feedback always :)

I dont have such a car, I have an ordinary VW-Golf-4 :) But I am going to a festival during the weekend and its gonna be very hot and there will be some thunderstorms coming across. And perhaps if its all muddy the whole festival (about 25.000 people) will dance in the rain and in the mudd just like in Woodstock 69 - we will see :)

Paywar - may be yes, it has not been decided but likely yes. There are two reasons. First - I want to support N3V for further developments of trainz and we all know - no money - no trainz. I plan to rework everything at that route which will require a lot of time - my spear time. But the second reason is, that I also have several efforts e.g. I want to rent a PCC streetcar in my hometown Chemnitz to get nice records for the PCC engine sounds. This will cost about 100 EUR per hour and it would be nice to eran some of these efforts back.

Your's TUME

The Illinois Railway Museum has a few PCC cars and I believe one of them is operational, maybe if I can I can record some sounds for you if I can.

The Illinois Railway Museum has a few PCC cars and I believe one of them is operational, maybe if I can I can record some sounds for you if I can.

Well, thank you for your proposal.
Does they have a portion of track long enough to run also at highest speed over a long distance?
Also the car needs to be empty to prevent recording the noise of passengers. Also the inside sound sounds a bit different to the outside sound. Therefore I would like to rent a PCC here in Chemnitz. Than one of the maintenance hatch above a bogey could be removed and I could the microphone put close to it.
Doing so I guess I will be able to record enough acceleration sequences, idle sequences at different speeds and braking down sequences to create a nice engine sound from.
So I guess this could be hard to be done during an ordinary PCC car operation either in daily service or while a heritage trip.

Your's TUME

Hello,
just some new seasonal buildings now been placed in the Municipal Transit Route.
All buildings visible alongside the road uses the same texture files to support a nice Performance.

20479600088_746553b45b_o.jpg

20658385732_503369838b_o.jpg

Your's TUME

Hello,

just some more about the seasonal-building-update-and-refurbishment-program at my Municipal-Transit-Railway. It is quite interesting to see the positive impact to the performance as more buildings have been replaced. The new seasonal and LOD-buildings uses one 2048x2048 texture (one for summer and one for snowy appearance) together with a 2048x2048 normal map while each of the “old” assets used textures just for its own. Now I replaced about 110 buildings and therefore a lot of “unshared” textures has been removed which pushed the performance up.

BTW: The steel railing of the fire escape stairs and balconies have been made by using a texture including an alpha channel. Now it looks a bit strange from far away. This problem will be solved by adding a special tag into the texture.txt file of that material. But as long as I am still about to add new buildings day by day into the mesh library, this tag will be overwritten again and again. Therefore as long as the update is in progress, we will have to stay with the wrongly looking fire escape stairs and balconies, but at the end it will be fine :)

20540057059_cc7d2fe867_o.jpg

20538803820_58aa6baeff_o.jpg

20538818788_2b62213a59_o.jpg

20700564026_e5372e3d89_o.jpg

Your’s TUME

Back