USA Pics (electric)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Do these all work in T:ANE without modifications?

Hum, everything on the DLS works in TANE I'm pretty sure. Things on TPR may have LOD issues due, apparently, to differences between TS2009 and TANE LOD handling. Since pweiser works exclusively in TS2009 this can be a problem but the assets work fine they just look a little odd from a distance. Of course once N3V is done working on SP2 there may be few if any assets working.

Last edited:
Flattering!

All Pweiser's Electrics (I think)

(snip)

Very flattering - and kudos to your system for displaying them all, many of the older ones with no LODs at all [they're the ones that look best].

There is one, though (or two, depending on how you count) that it's perfectly reasonable @norm would not have downloaded for his NEC-area route. Hint: they'd just about fit on the empty middle siding there... ;) (Unless it's the one near the Z-1s at top right - hard to tell with the LODs.)

If you are talking about the IRM locomotives they are there. :D Edit: Ah the Virginians, don't know how I missed adding these. I've been contemplating where on gawpo50's N&W route I could slip in an electrification project. :D

I tried to test all your (edit Electric) locomotives on the DLS in SP2 Beta and they loaded OK, showed no errors, were drivable for the ones the game would assign drivers to. You will be glad to hear that they have apparently fixed the sparks again, for now. The whole assign driver thing is totally broken so while I was able to get all the DLS locomotives into one session the game would not assign drivers to them all and even failed to recognize some as locomotives needing drivers. I guess I am going to have to test them one by one. The ones I did test seemed to perform well, interior controls worked fine, trolley poles and pantographs went up and down nicely. I have not had a chance to test your variable height method yet. As I said there were sparks on everything I had a chance to test and they were visible from all directions. In one case, where the driver moves from position to position as the locomotive heading is changed there was a weird over lap. I also noticed that some locomotives had sparks even though they were not moving and even though they did not have a driver assigned.

I got so P.O.'d about the driver assignment failure that I did not spend time trying to evaluate LOD stuff. Edit: I also didn't have the opportunity to test third rail stuff either.

(I was surprised to discover several VGN electrics on the DLS most are repaints of your locomotives)

Last edited:
That's Them

Yes, that's them - great shots, too.

Some of the earlier locos with script-controlled driver figures have the "centaur driver" problem: the game used to place its own choice of driver figure at the attachment point most nearly named like "a.Driver0" ... solved in all more recent ones by placing a compliant a.Driver0 1km below ground and doing the real work with Eng0 and Eng1. If driver assignment has gone flooey, this little cheat may no longer be working, or have strange results. Locos where the sparks just stay on (don't flash) are broken scripts; if they flash when not moving, the spark script may be reading speed incorrectly in the new candidate. ("Centaur driver" happens when the game places a standing driver figure where the script places a seated one - the result appears to have two pairs of feet.)

Have to rummage around on DLS again to see what VGN repaints are out there. The EL-C/EF-4/E33 has needed freshening for a long time now, in addition to a VGN skin.

(As that other Virginian said, "When you say that, mister, smile." I'm smiling! No criticism of your loco cafeteria at all! :hehe: )

If you are talking about the IRM locomotives they are there. :D Edit: Ah the Virginians, don't know how I missed adding these. I've been contemplating where on gawpo50's N&W route I could slip in an electrification project. :D

I tried to test all your (edit Electric) locomotives on the DLS in SP2 Beta and they loaded OK, showed no errors, were drivable for the ones the game would assign drivers to. You will be glad to hear that they have apparently fixed the sparks again, for now. The whole assign driver thing is totally broken so while I was able to get all the DLS locomotives into one session the game would not assign drivers to them all and even failed to recognize some as locomotives needing drivers. I guess I am going to have to test them one by one. The ones I did test seemed to perform well, interior controls worked fine, trolley poles and pantographs went up and down nicely. I have not had a chance to test your variable height method yet. As I said there were sparks on everything I had a chance to test and they were visible from all directions. In one case, where the driver moves from position to position as the locomotive heading is changed there was a weird over lap. I also noticed that some locomotives had sparks even though they were not moving and even though they did not have a driver assigned.

I got so P.O.'d about the driver assignment failure that I did not spend time trying to evaluate LOD stuff. Edit: I also didn't have the opportunity to test third rail stuff either.

(snip)

(I was surprised to discover several VGN electrics on the DLS most are repaints of your locomotives)

you forgot the Illinois Central Electric MU's he made for me.

I believe it's the long item, furthest siding away and furthest to the right - @normhart placed only the motor, not the trailer, since he's doing locomotives (g).

OT - @Matt3985, your CNW RDC is complete except for the double horns and a screen shot or two.

I believe it's the long item, furthest siding away and furthest to the right - @normhart placed only the motor, not the trailer, since he's doing locomotives (g).

OT - @Matt3985, your CNW RDC is complete except for the double horns and a screen shot or two.

golly, your eyesight is good! :hehe:

<snipped text>

<snipped image>

<snipped image>

<snipped image>

Lovely looking locomotives; a fine shot as they say.
Shots like this show up good design, good in-game graphics with a little bit of shine coming off the paint job, and of course, your excellent graphics card.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you kind sir. If I'd really been working at it I would have got the height of the pantograph right and I'm still thinking about electrifying a section of gawpo50's N&W. I'm puzzling out what track there was Virginian's although I believe N&W was electrified in that area too.

Last edited:

Now that BlackDiamondWorkshop1964's scenic content is freely available on the Download Station, I decided to apply
some of his Illinois Railway Museum catenary to my Chicago DEM, specifically the Metra Electric Blue Island Branch.

Here we see a westbound scoot making a local stop at West Pullman, one of the handful of stations in the residential
areas of Chicago, specifically Forest Hill. This line offers a quaint, interurban feel and is a calm, pleasant stroll through
the hood. The next stop will be...Racine.

Back