Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: USA Pics (electric)

California is not turning back. Not now, not ever!

Artists: DieCastGalore, GN1996, mcguirel, PWeiser, and TUME. Thank you all!
    Last edited by normhart; July 15th, 2017 at 06:41 PM.

Hello, nice screens normhard!
    Its always nice to see some action at my Milwaukee Road - route. I don't remember his name, but somebody is about to create the once electrified portion of the GN. That means one day that GN-trains can be operated in the "right" place. And if he will create his route the way to support season change too, you would be able to take summer and winter screens as well. But that's belong to him of course.
    Until then have fun between Avery and Drexel :-)
    Your's TUME

I love the pic you posted, wonderin' if I share it, would you mind?
    I know a couple people online who would love it, please reply

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    <pic removed>
    Looks like the crew heading out to pick up the pieces of 5011 and Train #27 after they went off the Foss River Bridge approach. A sad day.

Haha, I can't stop laughing
    How did you find something this crazy?
    Please answer my question above
    I'd like to print it and make copies

If you don't want me to share it, it's not a big deal
    I understand, man
    I do

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLummis_99 View Post
    I understand, man
    I do
    Nice shot indeed !
    Maybe you should try contacting him with a PM....?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLummis_99 View Post
    I understand, man
    I do
    LOL, hard though it may be to believe I do have a life, sort of. Since I can't sleep I hopped on the forum at 3:24 AM and discovered all your messages. I assume you are talking to me, if not perhaps you might consider actually naming who you are talking to.

That said, all my screenies that are posted to the Internet are free for use by anyone for any purpose that does not relate to hate. It might be nice to credit the artists, TUME (route), PWeiser (locomotives), and Magekear (cranes and crane tenders).
    Last edited by normhart; July 17th, 2017 at 06:06 AM.

Wow, no posts since the middle of July!

Pweiser, I tested all your locomotive pantographs in the "Final Release Candidate" TANESP2HF1 89566 and they all work except the Electroliner and Red Arrow. One pair of poles goes up and down but not the other pair. I'll try to get the E-liners on the tracks to checkout the third rail sparking. I have not driven any of the locomotives as yet but the pantographs and poles go up and down just like they are supposed to. (even the one with the whirling trolley pole)

More later.
    Last edited by normhart; September 5th, 2017 at 03:36 PM.

OK, the Electroliners are working, I'd forgotten that the poles go up and down depending on the direction of travel. I also verified that the sparks are working for poles, left, and right third rail pickups.

I noticed that the step covers and doors work but I was wondering if there was some way to trigger whether the step covers come up or not since most if not all the stops on the EL in Municipal City are raised platforms?

Hello - just some screens about the building update and replacement process in the Municipal Transit RR.

@ normhart: I could not hold back to take a screen shot from the same point of view as you did. Just look how the route looks like with the new seasonal buildings :-)

There is still a lot of work to do - including the third-rail-track.

Here are the screens ...

PS: Unfortunately I dont know how to control the step covers at these cars. I guess the creator arranged doors and step covers in just one animation. So he would need to divide the step covers animation from the door animation - may be this needs to be done in gmax. After that the platforms would need to get something that would a script tell how high the platform it. In my imagination it is not easy to do and several people would need to work together. The car creator, the platform creator and somebody who can do the scripts - well ...
    If the car creator already uses two seperate animations for doors and step covers, things will be just a bit easier as the cars would not have to be changed.

Last edited by tume; September 5th, 2017 at 05:50 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    OK, the Electroliners are working, I'd forgotten that the poles go up and down depending on the direction of travel. I also verified that the sparks are working for poles, left, and right third rail pickups.

I noticed that the step covers and doors work but I was wondering if there was some way to trigger whether the step covers come up or not since most if not all the stops on the EL in Municipal City are raised platforms?
    Glad to hear that since the code is going to be re-used for the current IRM project (CTA class 5000s) - thanks for making this test. It would be trivial* to produce alternate door animations that leave the trap in place (in fact, one variant of the Liberty Liner is that way since the steps were removed). However, there's no way to determine in-game whether a platform is high- or low-level.

What you might try is copying the door anims from the Liberty Liner motor to a clone of the Electroliner motor. If the mapping is identical, this should yield an Electroliner for high-level platforms. I don't remember if it is. Unnecessary for coach and grill car, their Electroliner versions have no outside doors.

If that doesn't work, I can put the alternate anim files on my homepage for pickup.

*For someone who has all the source files .

Hello - I just had another look to the Electroliners. Many years ago - may be during UTC-times - I have got an Electroliner asset from DLS. But unfortunately I cannot really remember how this used exactly to look like. The Electroliner at the screen looks very nice and so I conclude it must be a new asset. I am not sure, as normhart probably uses different post processing setups than I do.
    And of course I have missed a lot of things in the forum during the last time - therefore the question - is the Electroliner a new one?

Thanks in advance :-)