USA Pics (electric)

That is philskene's <kuid2:69871:3577:2> TRS19 - The Rivercide Electric Railroad Co.

This is TUME's <kuid:82412:1152> Municipal Transit Railroad with most of my current collection of street cars and interurban (in TANE)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The big interurban cars have problems with the tight corners on the city streets but the Electroliner does OK.

:D

Last edited:
Thanks Phil, for the link to your route. Will check it out. I'm actually subscribed to your YouTube channel and really enjoy and admire your route making skills.

Alan

Norm Nice shots sir . Looks like you've got your hands full there . Your shots are driving me insane not being able to do the same . Thanks all for the great shots

Matt

Either you are sucking several thousand volts/amps and racking up a huge electric bill or they are all there just for looks. :hehe:

Yes, I'm quite curious. Double header consists, with an electric locomotive in front of a steam locomotive. Is there a reason -- steep grades, long tunnels?

Yes, I'm quite curious. Double header consists, with an electric locomotive in front of a steam locomotive. Is there a reason -- steep grades, long tunnels?

Yes, yes there is a reason. That reason is... ignorance! I know that for some roads using electrics for a helper was needed for steep grades and long tunnels... but not for the EP-2s. I just think they look cool. :hehe:

OK, didn't like that, lets try this. ;)

King Crab from Spokane to Chicago, News from Chicago to Spokane.

TRS19 :D

Edit: Rats! Wrong baggage cars, should have been Pullman Heavyweights. Now I'll have to re-shoot again and I don't have MILW EF1s from this era.

Last edited:
Either you are sucking several thousand volts/amps and racking up a huge electric bill or they are all there just for looks. :hehe:

With regenerative braking, the trains going downhill help power those going up. Not a perpetual motion machine, but on the system graph at the powerhouse you could actually see downhill trains netting positive. :cool:

Back