USA Pics (electric)

2019-07-29-191955_orig.png

2019-07-24-220416_orig.png

2019-07-24-004159_orig.png

Some day in 2009 Amtrak HHP-8 #654 hauls fellow HHP-8 #659 (which had developed a fault en route and had broken down) with the silver star bound for the big apple.
slenderman8888-20191112-0001.jpg

Nice! Wondering how you got the dead-in-train loco to not have its panto up in-game. Good scenario, good pic.

@PWeiser I made the dead version as part of the revamp pack I did for the HHP-8 the dead version has a modified pantograph with the animation file removed so it will remain in the down position plus a silent engine sound to simulate being dead in tow, you also get the Amtrak HHP-8 with the acela logos on the side. You can download both HHP-8 revamp packs from my site and try them yourself. Thanks for your nice comment.

I'm surprised you got permission from Conny to release those, she's been away from the community for a long time now & is usually up tight about distribution.

peter

@normhart - the middle pic of 3001 nicely demonstrates why the Dan'l Webster locos had those "mouse ear" marker lights: if they were just red bulbs in with the classification lights near the road numbers, they'd have been practically invisible to an overtaking train. (And they were substantially lower than other locomotives, making the problem even worse without those auxiliary markers.)

As for running on third rail out in the open, I suspect that - given the shakiness of their pickup systems - they ran on diesel unless legally required, i.e. at GCT... and then with fingers crossed. Very nice pics!

Norm --

Your post #733. Looks familiar. One of mine. The electrified version of Riverside. Didn't realise it could look so nice in TRS19. Kinda makes me think I should upgrade it to TRS19 standards.

Phil

Norm --

Your post #733. Looks familiar. One of mine. The electrified version of Riverside. Didn't realise it could look so nice in TRS19. Kinda makes me think I should upgrade it to TRS19 standards.

Phil

One of very few US routes with a decent length of catenary track. I'd forgotten all about it until someone mentioned Riverside and I re-discovered the electric version. <kuid2:69871:2029:2> RiversideElectricRailroadCo 3a on the DLS. It could do with a rebuild but has held up surprisingly well. I'm not showing any missing assets but it could do with some more flora, industries, and passenger stations. :D

A couple of more shots from Riverside Electric here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?38433-PRR-Screenshots&p=1781365#post1781365

Last edited:
Norm,
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. There aren't many electric routes for US railroads available, and this one is from the master himself, Philskene. I didn't know about it until I saw your really cool screenshots.

Phil,
Do you still have the maps available somewhere for the route? The link for the route doesn't work anymore.

Heinrich505

Maps? Unfortunately no. They disappeared with the demise of RapidShare in the big crash of '15.

Updating the route. Most likely a project in '20. I think I should redo the end terminals. They do look dated.

The catenary. The issue here is that there does not seem to be a uniform Trainz standard for the wire height. The height I used works with my electric locomotives that are on the DLS, one version of those PRR locomotives shown above and maybe a couple of others.

I think perhaps I should replace it with the NSWGR poles and wires that are available on the DLS -- "NSWGR catenary with stanchion spline for ... ". It's a scenery spline that is height adjustable. I'll set it for the existing height but users will be able to adjust the height to whatever is best for them.

Phil

Back